- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A delightful, detached, stone-built cottage with views over the village to open countryside, on the edge of the pretty village of Eglingham.
Tastefully renovated to a very high standard, providing cosy and comfortable accommodation throughout, it boasts a spacious kitchen/diner with Rangemaster, multi-fuel stoves, stripped pine floors and bedrooms tucked under the eaves.
The garden surrounds the house, planted with a variety of blooms, butterfly bushes, sunflowers and apple trees, and is a haven for both children and adults.
There are numerous bridleways and footpaths radiating from the village, whilst within easy reach are Alnwick Castle and gardens, Dunstanburgh Castle, the Farne Islands, Lindisfarne and the spectacular Heritage Coast being a must!
A superb retreat at any time of the year.
Three bedrooms: 2 x eaves king-size double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Spacious fitted kitchen with AGA & dining area. Utility. Sitting room with open fire in traditional fireplace. Snug with multi-fuel stove.
- LPG central heating fired by AGA with open fire and multi-fuel stove
- Electric hob, AGA, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV, video, DVD, radio/CD/iPod dock
- Fuel, power & starter pack for open fire and stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Highchair available
- Private garden to rear with furniture & BBQ, mature terraced garden to front with views over village & countryside
- Village tennis court close to cottage (free, no need to book)
- Off road parking for two cars
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Mobile reception in the village is poor with the exception of O2.
About the location
Alnwick 7 miles.
The pretty village of Eglingham sits on a country road between Alnwick and Chillingham, and with its stone houses, lovely gardens, stream and wooded areas, it makes a lovely spot to visit. There is a fine Victorian church in the village, a large pub and also a good restaurant. The surroundings are ideal for those wishing to get away from it all – you may see the heron grace the Eglingham burn, or just relax and take in the views and incredibly wide skies of the area. Within easy reach are the Holy Island of Lindisfarne, the Farne Islands, the castles at Dunstanburgh, Warkworth, Chillingham and of course Alnwick, with its spectacular Garden next door.