- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful traditional cottage, a wing of the artist owner's home, in the centre of Chathill village.
This lovely Chathill cottage has been tastefully refurbished to retain much of the original character and is sympathetically decorated and furnished to a high standard.
The ground floor double bedroom has an en-suite, and upstairs is a family bathroom, perfect for relaxing after exploring the marvellous coast and countryside in this area.
There is a working farm to the rear and the owner's artist's studio alongside this Chathill cottage, and painting classes can be offered by arrangement.
Cosy, yet well equipped and spacious, this Chathill cottage is a great option whether travelling by train or by car, being just a short walk from the East Coast Main Line railway station, and just off the road through the village.
Whether heading to the Heritage Coast, the market town of Alnwick or discovering the breathtaking Cheviots, this Chathill cottage makes a wonderful base.
Two bedrooms: 1 x twin, 1 x ground floor double with en-suite walk-in shower with grab rails, basin & WC. Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, basin & WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen with pantry. Utility area. Dining room with TV. Sitting room with electric stove. Front porch.
- Electric night store heating with midday boost, electric stove in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer, 2 x TVs, 1 with Freeview, DVD, video, stereo/CD, WiFi, books/games/videos/DVDs
- Fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for two cars
- Front patio with furniture and BBQ
- Small yard for cycle storage
- Sorry, no smoking
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Shops, pubs & beach 3 miles
- Note: Painting classes available by arrangement
- Note: Railway runs approx
- 50 yards from cottage - trains pass throughout the day from 7am, but do not stop at the station after 6:30pm
- They cannot be heard from the cottage
- Note: Ground floor may be suitable for accompanied disabled and the owners may be able to offer the use of a raised level toilet seat and hand rail, a shower stool, a four-wheeled walker, a booster cushion and a lap tray, at no extra cost
- Please call the owner, prior to your arrival, to confirm they will be available to use.
About the location
Beadnell 3 miles; Alnwick 9 miles.
Chathill is a small rural hamlet comprised of little more than a farm and a few houses. It is sited only 3 miles from attractive and peaceful Beadnell, which lies on one of the most beautiful stretches of Northumberland's magnificent Heritage Coast. Once a smugglers’ haven, Beadnell is now a fishing village, popular with holidaymakers who come to enjoy its pretty harbour. Central to all rural North Northumberland and within easy driving distance of the nearby glorious sandy beaches between Seahouses (where boat rides can be booked for the spectacular Farne Islands) and Bamburgh Castle, Alnwick, Holy Island and the Scottish Borders, there is plenty to see and do.
- Last minute