- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A typical traditional stone-built Northumbrian farm cottage, on the outskirts of the village of Christon Bank, 2 miles from Embleton and just a five minute drive from the wonderful beaches of the Heritage Coast.
One of the oldest buildings in the village, circa 1840, Gabby Cottage has been sympathetically restored and refurbished and is equipped to a high standard.
Offering tasteful and very comfortable accommodation, the property boasts a multi-fuel stove, as well as a well-established enclosed garden.
With beautiful wide-open countryside surrounding the village, and close to Northumberland's plentiful attractions, this peaceful location is the ideal environment for a thoroughly relaxing break.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x adult bunk. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with inglenook and multi-fuel stove.
- Oil central heating with multi-fuel stove in sitting room
- Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, Freeview, DVD player, CD player/cassette/radio, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for multi-fuel stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot available on request
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed lawned garden and patio to rear with garden furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk.
About the location
Embleton 2 miles; Beadnell 5 miles; Alnwick 8 miles.
Christon Bank lies 8 miles north east of Northumberland's major market town Alnwick, famous for its stunning castle and gardens. Only 2 miles east of the village are the beautiful bays at Embleton and Low Newton-by-the-Sea, which are nestled within miles and miles of unspoilt sandy beaches and dunes. To the north lies Lindisfarne on Holy Island, Berwick-upon-Tweed and the Scottish Borders, whilst an hour's drive to the south is the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. Christon Bank is set amidst outstanding countryside, which is breathtakingly beautiful all year round. It is a small and friendly village, with a pub and an abundance of excellent pubs and restaurants in the neighbouring villages. With its superb sandy beaches, coastal walks, golf, horse riding and cycle ways the area is perfect for a relaxing family holiday.
- Last minute