- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A typical traditional stone-built Northumbrian farm cottage, on the outskirts of the village of Christon Bank, 2 miles from Embleton and just a five minute drive from the wonderful beaches of the Heritage Coast.
One of the oldest buildings in the village, circa 1840, Gabby Cottage has been sympathetically restored and refurbished and is equipped to a high standard.
Offering tasteful and very comfortable accommodation, the property boasts a multi-fuel stove, as well as a well-established enclosed garden.
With beautiful wide-open countryside surrounding the village, and close to Northumberland's plentiful attractions, this peaceful location is the ideal environment for a thoroughly relaxing break.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x adult bunk. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with inglenook and multi-fuel stove.
Oil central heating with multi-fuel stove in sitting room. Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, Freeview, DVD player, CD player/cassette/radio, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for multi-fuel stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot available on request. Off road parking for 1 car. Enclosed lawned garden and patio to rear with garden furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Fantastic location, comfortable accomodation.”
- “Accomodation was perfect for a family holiday, well equipped kitchen. We did have a problem with the hot water but one phone call to the landlord and it was sorted within in the day. The location was great, short drive to Low Newton with the excellent Ship Inn pub and beach. Great for exploring Northumberland. Parking wasn't an issue but was on street and the road could be quite busy at times - just needed to keep this in mind with little ones around. All in all a fabulous comfortable stay in a great location.”
- “If you get blue skies Northumbria is perfect”
- “Embleton is quiet, but has a shop and a pub, which is everything you need really. We had a week of clear blue skies, and although it was cold this area of Northumbria is beautiful. No towels in the cottage though, is it just me that expects towels? Everything else was great. My favaourite place of the week - Howick Hall Gardens.”
- “Excellent base for touring area from Alnwick to Lindisfarne/Heri”
- “Nice little cottage with surprisingly large living room and very well-equipped kitchen. Within easy distance of the coast and its many castles/beaches and Alwnich and areas beyond. Owner very thoughtful and helpful - e.g welcome pack on arrival which we didn't expect. We went during October half term and the cottage was warm and cosy. The village of Embleton itself is nothing special but Warkworth, Amble and other towns on the coast are lovely - and the countryside over towards Rothbury (and further south if you venture down to Hadrian's Wall) is stunning. Plenty of eating and shopping in nearby Alnwick, where you can access the A1. We enjoyed our time very much.”
- “We enjoyed the location of the property - it was great to be so close to beaches and castles. We also enjoyed coming back to the cottage - it provided plenty of space for our family and was very quaint too. We felt very at home!”
- “A warm and comfortable cottage.”
- “A good centre for exploring the coast. We looked forward to coming back to our cosy cottage each evening.”
About the location
Embleton 2 miles; Beadnell 5 miles; Alnwick 8 miles.
Christon Bank lies 8 miles north east of Northumberland's major market town Alnwick, famous for its stunning castle and gardens. Only 2 miles east of the village are the beautiful bays at Embleton and Low Newton-by-the-Sea, which are nestled within miles and miles of unspoilt sandy beaches and dunes. To the north lies Lindisfarne on Holy Island, Berwick-upon-Tweed and the Scottish Borders, whilst an hour's drive to the south is the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. Christon Bank is set amidst outstanding countryside, which is breathtakingly beautiful all year round. It is a small and friendly village, with a pub and an abundance of excellent pubs and restaurants in the neighbouring villages. With its superb sandy beaches, coastal walks, golf, horse riding and cycle ways the area is perfect for a relaxing family holiday.