- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A charming terraced cottage superbly located in the fishing village of Eyemouth, on Berwickshire's dramatic coast. Fully refurbished throughout to provide spacious accommodation, this Eyemouth cottage is ideal for families or friends seeking a tranquil base from which to explore this beautiful part of the country. Set over three floors, this Eyemouth cottage boasts four comfortable bedrooms on the first and second floors, while the ground floor accommodation comprises a kitchen with dining area, a sitting room with a welcoming open fire and Xbox 360, and a snug, which is ideal for catching a quiet moment with a good book. To the rear of this Eyemouth cottage is a decked courtyard, providing a tranquil spot to relax with a drink and plan the day's activities. This Eyemouth cottage is a short stroll from the centre of the village and the beach. Eyemouth has an active working harbour and ample bars and restaurants to tempt the visitor. Wildlife trips to view seals as well as fishing trips are an added attraction, along with the golf course and the many walks that are available along the coast. St Abbs Head National Nature Reserve is a short drive to the north and Edinburgh is less than an hour away. A wonderful Eyemouth cottage, with something for everyone.
Over three floors. Four bedrooms: 1 x second floor king-size double, 2 x double, 1 x second floor twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire. Snug (seats 2).
Gas central heating with open fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, Xbox 360, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Fuel for fire available to purchase locally. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking in front of property. Lockable bike storage. Courtyard garden with decked area and furniture. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 5 mins walk. Beach 3 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Comfortable place to stay in a central location in Eyemouth”
- “We stayed here for 1 week so we could tour the border region during the day time, eat out at night and have a comfortable place to relax and sleep. There was ample space outside for parking. The kitchen was well appointed, but underused in our case and there was a courtyard at the back with outdoor table/seating. All the rooms were clean and well equipped. Two of the bedrooms were on the third floor, so the kids were "encouraged" to have these. Eyemouth itself has plenty to see and do and lots of choices for eating out.”
- “Fabulous home and good base for a gorgeous area!”
- “The location was excellent, both the cottage and the town. People were very friendly and welcoming. Lots of things to do in the area, lovely beaches especially Coldingham very suitable for young children. Our 10 year old enjoyed crabbing and fishing at various places.”
- “The town was very nice; not commercialised. The harbour and beach very nice too. The house is in good location.”
- “The house is in a good location and was a perfect size for our party. Beds were comfortable. The house provided a perfect base for exploring Eyemouth and the surrounding area. Location is great for short walk to Harbour, beach and shops.”
About the location
Chirnside 4 miles; St Abbs 4.5 miles; Berwick upon Tweed 8 miles; Duns 11 miles.
Situated on the East Coast, just over the Scottish Border, and only eight miles north of Berwick-upon-Tweed, Eyemouth has been a bustling fishing port for centuries, and there are a number of local fishmongers still supplied from local fishing boats today. Narrow cobbled streets preserve the ancient character of this delightful coastal town, and there's a number of visitor attractions outlining the history of the area. Visit Gunsgreen House and learn some of the history of the town and the smuggling that once took place, or enjoy the Eyemouth Museum, fishing heritage centre and art galleries on offer. There are excellent golfing facilities available, with a clifftop course in town and a number of other courses in the area, while walks, cycling, bird watching and visits to castles and country houses are all within a short driving distance. Visit Coldingham Priory, Paxton House, Manderston House, Floors Castle and the magnificent walled town of Berwick-upon-Tweed for an exciting day out. Both Edinburgh and Newcastle upon Tyne are reached in an hour, making Eyemouth a wonderful base for touring South Scotland, and the North of England.