- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Lowick 2 miles.
A cosy, detached house on a working arable farm, in a wonderful rural position between the villages of Lowick and Ford.
This cottage offers superb accommodation with magnificent views towards the Cheviots from the cottage, and a sea view from the garden.
This spacious alternative to our traditional Northumbria cottages has been extensively refurbished and redecorated to a high standard; including a sitting room with open fire, comfortable bedrooms, one with en-suite, and a landscaped garden area with furniture, it is ideal for relaxing at the end of a day out.
The Heritage Coast, market town of Alnwick, Ford and Etal railway and Berwick-upon-Tweed are all within reach, while the owners are on hand to personally welcome visitors.
With golf, riding and fishing available locally, this is a great spot for exploring Northumberland.
Note: Cottage is next to Ref.
409, together they sleep 11.
Four bedrooms: 2 x king-size double (one with en-suite shower, basin, WC), 1 x twin (zip & link, can be double by prior arrangement), 1 x child's single. Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, basin, WC. Ground floor basin & WC. Well-equipped kitchen. Utility with tumble dryer & clothes airer. Dining room. Cosy sitting room with lovely views & open fire.
Oil central heating with open fire. Electric double oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer in utility, dishwasher, 2 x 32" flat screen TVs, 1 x 22" flat screen TV/DVD combi in master bedroom, 2 x DVD players, DAB radio, iPod dock, CD player, WiFi. Fuel, power & starter pack for open fire inc. in rent (additional fuel available to purchase from owners). Bed linen & towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels. Cot & highchair if requested at booking. Off road parking for 3 cars. Attractive garden with furniture & BBQ. Sorry, no pets & no smoking. Shop & pub 2 miles. Note: Cottage is suitable for a maximum of 7 people including 1 infant. Note: Refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £150.
Note: Cottage is suitable for a maximum of 7 people including 1 infant
- “Amazing and special place”
- “The old farmhouse was amazing, tastefully decorated, everything you could want or need was there, any other random requests were granted by the attentive hosts Jimpy and Sandy, they even gave us a pheasant and cooking instructions! It was a true home from home experience, in a stunning part of the country. There was ample room for everyone, I thought we just had a large house for the 2 of us to rattle around in until 5 of my precious family turned up to surprise me! 3 generations of my family all happy and comfortable. My daughters and my dad particularly appreciated having wifi. With 2 large reception rooms there was no getting under each other’s feet, no 'dancing' outside the bathroom as there are 3 toilets. The bedding was luxurious, all the appliances are good quality. 2 bottles of wine and a large box of chocolates and fresh flowers on arrival all added to making us feel special. I mentioned to Jimpy that I run, Sandy came round the next morning with their adorable black lab Stanley and drove me around a few routes and gave me advice on where I was safe to run, which was everywhere really.. I had 4 runs during the week, different distances and terrains, and lots of wildlife to see and talk to, although only the lambs talked back!! This is an ideal base for visiting the many attractions that Northumberland has to offer. There are lots of leaflets and guide books in the house to give you ideas, Jimpy and Sandy have a wealth of local knowledge to share too. There is a fishmonger who calls on Friday mornings, the smoked salmon is just yummy.. There is are well looked after gardens front and back, with patio furniture and a bbq if the weather is nice too. We had a look in the cottage too, which is also beautifully decorated, it has 2 large bedrooms and can be rented with the big house for larger groups of people. I would recommend either of these properties to everyone. Thank you to Jimpy and Sandy for helping to make my 50th birthday celebrations as memorable as they were, I even had a birthday card off them, nothing was too much trouble.”
- “Fabulous family cottage in lovely surroundings”
- “We can only say good things about our stay. Our hosts were excellent and very friendly and helpful. The children especially loved Stanley the cheeky black Labrador. The farmhouse was an excellent size and finished to a very high standard. We wanted for nothing during our stay. Our 3 year old Jack still keeps asking "when can we go back to holiday home?"”
- “A HOME FROM HOME”
- “A beautifully thought out and well presented cottage in a country setting on a working farm. It had everything you would need for a more than comfortable stay; in addition was the very warm welcome and friendliness of the owners. Lots of interesting places to visit from small villages to larger castles and gardens. The beaches are stunning and not crowded. People in general were very friendly. The owners of the farm are always happy to help out and tell you of good places to eat and visit.”
- “First class accomodation in a beautiful area with lots to do.”
- “The Farm House is a high standard with a secure garden for children there is lots to do in the area and I would recomend this property to any age group there is lots of space in the house.I stayed there with some of my grandchildren between the ages of 4-9yrs.”
- “The Old Farmhouse was stylish, smart and spacious yet had a cosy feel. The attention to detail in the house was brilliant, with lots of lovely finishing touches. It was really child-friendly and the owners were very friendly too.”
- “This was the best holiday cottage we have ever stayed in - nothing was lacking and it was exceptionally clean. I would recommend it to anyone wishing to stay in the area.”
- “The Old Farmhouse was super and beautifully equipped. As we had our grandchildren with us, the front and back gardens were completely safe. On a quiet road and overlooking a beautiful aspect, stunning views. Close to Alnwick, Holy Island and Bamburgh. Really nice, super place. Good parking. One of the best cottages we have ever stayed in.”
- “The Old Farmhouse was amazing; tastefully decorated and everything you could want or need was there, any other random requests were granted by the attentive hosts. It was a true home from home experience, in a stunning part of the country. There was ample room for everyone, 3 generations of my family all happy and comfortable. With 2 large reception rooms there was no getting under each others feet and no 'dancing' outside the bathroom as there are 3 toilets. The bedding was luxurious and all the appliances are good quality. This is an ideal base for visiting the many attractions that Northumberland has to offer. There are lots of leaflets and guide books in the house to give you ideas, the owners have a wealth of local knowledge to share too. There are well looked after gardens front and back, with patio furniture and a BBQ if the weather is nice too. Thank you to the owners for helping to make my 50th birthday celebrations as memorable as they were.”
- “A great cottage for our large group and would be happy to recommend it to anyone.”
- “The owners were very friendly and helpful. The property was the best we have ever stayed in and was just as pictured and described. We knew the area well and the farmhouse was very well located for what we wanted to see and do.”
- “Fabulous cottage - very homely but extremely well presented and a great size for a family. Great location - close to everything Northumberland has to offer.”
- “Plenty to see and do in the area and the views from the cottage were wonderful. A lovely big space for a family get together.”
- “The owners were very friendly and welcoming, they greeted us on arrival and were on hand if we needed anything during our stay. The house, decoration and furnishings are a credit to the owners who have put a lot of thought, time and no doubt money, into making the property a beautiful and welcoming space.”
About the location
Wooler 8 miles; Berwick-upon-Tweed 11 miles.
The small attractive village of Lowick is ideally placed for a holiday in Northumberland. Kimmerston Riding Centre is just a few miles to the west of the village. The pretty village of Ford with its castle and craft shops is 2 miles away, part of the Ford and Etal Estate which has facilities for cycling and fishing, as well as a mini railway – ideal for all the family. There are also excellent golfing opportunities, with 8 golf courses within 20 miles of Lowick. Northumberland’s beautiful coastline, Holy Island, the Cheviots for hill walking and mountain biking and the fascinating border town of Berwick, are all only short drives away. A superb base for exploring all the region has to offer.