- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A delightful, partially-attached property, situated in the centre of the market town of Morpeth. Successfully combining a traditional feel with modern amenities, Dacre Cottage is comfortable and well equipped, with a warming woodburning stove in the sitting room, and makes a great base from which to explore the delights of the area. Enjoy a walk around Morpeth and soak up the character and history of this charming town, visit the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne or discover Hadrian's Wall, just a short journey away. With Alnwick, Cragside and Druridge Bay all within easy reach, this is a wonderful holiday retreat for exploring Northumberland.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x ground floor twin (may be suitable for disabled access - please call for further information). Bathroom with bath, basin & WC. Ground floor shower room with shower (one step up to access), basin & WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area & woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric cooker, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD player, books/games
- Fuel, power & initial supply of wood for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair & stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Small front garden, rear courtyard with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops & pubs 3 mins walk.
- Last minute
About the location
Newcastle 14 miles; Alnwick 19 miles.
The lovely market town of Morpeth is situated centrally in Northumberland and is an ideal base from which to reach the coast or countryside. Offering the remains of an historic castle, lovely parks, riverside walks, ancient architecture and churches and an old chantry with a bagpipe museum, Morpeth is also ideal for visiting surrounding attractions such as Druridge Bay to the east, with miles of golden sands, the vibrant city of Newcastle to the south, Alnwick to the north, with its castle and gardens and the National Trust's Wallington Hall to the west. There is also access to the Simonside and Cheviot Hills, with good walking amidst beautiful countryside.