- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A cosy first floor apartment, conveniently situated in the centre of the vibrant fishing port of Amble, just 10 miles from Alnwick. This Amble cottage apartment offers bright and spacious accommodation and is well decorated and comfortably furnished. This Amble apartment is perfect for families, with one double and one twin bedroom, a lovely sitting room and well-equipped kitchen. Outside, the enclosed garden at this Amble apartment is perfect to relax in. The bustling harbour and shops of Amble are all within walking distance, whilst a few minutes' drive away is the historic village of Warkworth with the timeless appeal of its grand medieval castle. Alnwick Castle, featured in the Harry Potter films as Hogwarts School, is within driving distance. A lovely Amble apartment, which is an ideal base to explore this part of Northumberland.
All first floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be double on request). Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire. Utility.
- Electric central heating with electric fire and storage heaters
- Underfloor heating in bathroom and utility
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Enclosed gravelled area with furniture
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 3 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Lovely Stay”
- “A lovely retreat hidden away from the street, apartment very clean and comfortable, home from home, Amble is a lovely small fishing town, a nice market on a Sunday, and central for touring coastline of Northumberland, if you need tickets for attractions get them from tourist office in town square you get a discount.”
- “Lovely apartment tucked away from the busy centre”
- “Fantastic hideaway from the busy High Street. There is off road parking which is a great bonus around there. The apartment is spacious, equipped with everything you need on your holiday and also tastefully decorated. Rates are reasonable too. The location is ideal to see Holy Island, Farne Island, Hadrian's Wall and the lovely sandy seaside. Also, not too far even from Edinburgh and the Scottish border. Shops are within minutes and the seaside is close. Would highly recommend it.”
- “A tastefully decorated apartment that is close to all amenities. We had everything we could have needed all provided. We had a very enjoyable break.”
- “We found Driftwood Apartment to be a great, comfortable base for exploring the Northumberland county.”
- “A great comfortable base for exploring the Northumberland county.”
- “Lovely apartment, well situated and I would highly recommend this property to anyone. It has everything you need like home from home.”
- “A very comfortable cottage ,the area is beautiful and the people very nice.”
About the location
Warkworth 1 mile; Alnmouth 4 miles.
The bustling little seaport of Amble is situated at the mouth of the River Coquet and is an ideal place for exploring Northumberland. Historically a centre for boatbuilding, Amble offers a marina, a harbour, sandy beaches and coastal walks to the bird sanctuary at Hauxley and country park at Druridge Bay. Large fishing boats moor along the harbour wall and land a variety of fish, prawns, crabs and lobsters - the daily catch can be bought at a fish shop in the harbour. A mile south of Amble is Coquet Island, an RSPB reserve with a large population of terns, puffins and eider ducks and boat trips around the island can be arranged. The pretty coastal villages of Alnmouth and Craster and numerous superb beaches are only a short drive away, whilst picturesque Warkworth with its castle, charming Alnwick with its castle and award-winning gardens, and the National Trust’s Wallington Hall and Cragside are all within easy reach.