- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful townhouse overlooking the marina in the popular coastal town of Amble.
Luxuriously appointed throughout to provide spacious, contemporary accommodation, this Amble cottage is the perfect destination for large families or friends wishing to get together for that long awaited seaside break.
With four bedrooms over three floors, this Amble cottage provides flexible sleeping arrangements for the whole party.
The kitchen with dining area has French doors leading to a patio area overlooking the coastline and marina, just the spot for those alfresco evenings and the first floor Juliet balcony, off the living area, enables guests to open the door and drink in the fresh North Sea air.
Although the property is set in a private courtyard, it is only a minute's walk from shops selling all your holiday essentials, whilst a few minutes' drive away is the historic village of Warkworth, with the timeless appeal of its grand medieval castle.
Alnwick Castle, featured in the Harry Potter films as Hogwarts School, is only seven miles away, and is well worth a visit.
A lovely Amble cottage, which is an ideal base for exploring this part of Northumberland.
Over three floors. Four bedrooms: 1 x second floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x second floor twin, 1 x twin, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. First floor sitting room with Juliet balcony.
Gas central heating. Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 2 cars. Lockable garage for 1 car or bike storage. Decked patio with furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops and pub 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “marina view”
- “The house had absolutely everything we wanted and we all enjoyed our stay. The house was very well furnished and decorated and had all the equipment you could possibly want. It was lovely to be able to walk to Walkworth and to go to the market at the harbour on Sunday and buy delicious fish and seafood!”
- “We were greeted at the property by the owner who was warm and very friendly. Our first impression was that we would be very happy here.”
- “It was quiet & relaxing with good access to local amenities. In a good location for exploring the area either on foot via coastal paths or by car to National Trust & English Heritage sites. The accommodation was great and worked well for the 5 of us plus the dog.”
- “Marina View was an outstanding holiday property, in fact it felt like a home rather than a holiday home. It was immaculate and very tastefully decorated and well equipped. It's position was perfect for exploring all that Northumbria has to offer, as well as having some exceptionally good restaurants within walking distance.”
- “It was like a home from home, comfortable and very well equipped. A good base from which to visit the many beautiful places along the Northumbria coast. Would love to make a return visit and have already recommended this property to family and friends.”
- “The location was perfect, the house was perfect.”
- “Situation of the property, close to the town of Amble, but with great views across a park to the Marina, and very quiet. Best of both worlds.”
- “Marina view is a very comfortable house, we loved its situation at the edge of the braids with lots of great walks for the dog. There was a very nice welcome basket. The house had plenty of space for three generations.”
- “We loved the location; cleanliness; helpfulness of owners”
- “Ticked all the boxes for me. Property was perfect. Owners thoughtfulness and attention to detail was amazingly good. Stunning scenery, great places to visit, beaches are breathtaking . Amble is a great base to explore from by car or on foot .”
- “Luxurious three story house with great views of the water. Everything had been thought of.”
- “The Cottage was beautifully clean and equipped. Just perfect, thank you.”
- “The location of the property was perfect, with the surrounding fields for the dog. The short walk to the quayside with pubs and restaurants so close at hand made it very convenient for myself as I am disabled and find walking difficult. We saw a great deal of Northumberland and really loved it. It was almost as lovely as Devon and that is saying something.”
About the location
Warkworth 1 mile; Alnmouth 4 miles.
The bustling little seaport of Amble is situated at the mouth of the River Coquet and is an ideal place for exploring Northumberland. Historically a centre for boatbuilding, Amble offers a marina, a harbour, sandy beaches and coastal walks to the bird sanctuary at Hauxley and country park at Druridge Bay. Large fishing boats moor along the harbour wall and land a variety of fish, prawns, crabs and lobsters - the daily catch can be bought at a fish shop in the harbour. A mile south of Amble is Coquet Island, an RSPB reserve with a large population of terns, puffins and eider ducks and boat trips around the island can be arranged. The pretty coastal villages of Alnmouth and Craster and numerous superb beaches are only a short drive away, whilst picturesque Warkworth with its castle, charming Alnwick with its castle and award-winning gardens, and the National Trust’s Wallington Hall and Cragside are all within easy reach.