- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Otterburn 3 miles.
A charming, stone-built cottage, in an isolated position, on the edge of the Northumberland National Park, 3 miles from Otterburn and 7 miles from Bellingham.
Peacefully located, this fabulous, single-storey property is well equipped and comfortable throughout, and boasts a spacious, open plan living area and delightful lawned garden and patio, perfect for relaxing and unwinding.
There are excellent walking, fishing and cycling opportunities from the doorstep, towards Hadrian's Wall and Kielder Forest, and a highly regarded golf course is within easy reach.
Visit the many National Trust homes within easy reach, such as the magnificent Cragside house and Wallington Hall.
The historic market town of Alnwick, with its majestic castle and splendid gardens, is just a 40 minute drive away, making this an excellent base for an all year round enjoyable holiday.
All ground floor.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Large open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining and sitting area with electric fire.
- Oil heating with electric fire in sitting area
- Gas cooker, microwave, fridge, (use of owner's freezer on request), washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD player, radio/cassette/CD player
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Large lawned garden with pond, patio and garden furniture
- Lockable bike storage
- One well-behaved dog welcome at charge of Â£10 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: There is an unfenced pond at the property so please ensure children are supervised
- Note: Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
About the location
Bellingham 7 miles; Alnwick 29 miles.
The delightful village of Otterburn, once the site of the famous 1388 victory of the Scots over the English, nestles close to the banks of the River Rede, between the hills and moors overlooking the North Tyne Valley. It offers excellent walking opportunities and is on a variety of popular routes for cyclists. Hadrian's Wall and the beautiful Kielder Forest and Waters are close by, providing fantastic fishing, horse riding and nature watching, amidst superb, tranquil countryside. Otterburn is the former home of a busy weaving industry, and the world famous Otterburn Mill marks the village's historic past. Nearby Bellingham, built predominantly from local stone and slate, houses a handful of pubs, shops and tea rooms and a highly regarded 18 hole golf course. Visit the nearby, majestic, stately homes of Wallington Hall and Cragside, or the historic market town of Alnwick, with its stunning castle and gardens, a mere 40 minute drive. Otterburn is a superb location for a relaxing holiday, any time of year.
- Last minute