- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Coldingham 3 miles.
One of four delightful timber lodges nestled in the grounds of the 17th century Press Castle Estate, 3 miles west of Coldingham.
The tranquil surroundings belie the history of the area, once feared and renowned for its Border Reiver raids and battles fought between the Scots and English.
Decorated and furnished to a high standard, this charming accommodation boasts two ground floor bedrooms and a lovely L-shaped sitting and dining area with cathedral-style roof, woodburning stove and access via French windows to a veranda, surrounded by lovely gardens and with beautiful, rural views beyond.
Enjoy the tranquillity of the estate with its mature woodland and wildlife, explore the surrounding countryside and Heritage Coast, which offers great walking opportunities and cycling paths, or enjoy fishing, golf and safe bathing and sandy beaches at Coldingham, Eyemouth and Berwick.
An ideal family base or a wonderful romantic retreat at any time of year!
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Modern fitted kitchen. L-shaped sitting room with dining area with woodburning stove and full-length picture window with sliding doors to decking, gardens and meadow.
- Electric convection heaters with woodburning stove in sitting area
- Electric fan assisted oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD player, radio/CD player, small selection of books
- Electricity and complimentary fuel pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Large lawned garden with decked area with furniture and BBQ
- Meadow with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops, restaurants and pub 3 miles
- Note: This property only accepts children of 8 years and over Sep-Jun inclusive, due to woodburning stove, unless otherwise arranged with owner in advance.
Note: This property only accepts children of 8 years and over Sep-Jun inclusive, due to woodburning stove, unless otherwise arranged with owner in advance.
- Last minute
About the location
Berwick-upon-Tweed 11 miles; Edinburgh 47 miles.
The village of Coldingham nestles in between rolling farmland above Coldingham Bay, a sheltered crescent of golden sand on the beautiful Berwickshire coastline. With a fabulous beach and excellent canoeing and surfing, the village also offers an array of local shops, pubs and restaurants. St. Abbs, a quaint and picturesque fishing village is 3 miles away and its Nature Reserve is renowned for its variety of birds and wealth of marine life, which attracts sub aqua divers the world over. Fishing and diving excursions can be purchased here. This area is ideal for exploring The Scottish Borders and Northumberland, with their spectacular coastlines and excellent walking, golf, horse riding, cycling and fishing. Further inland, discover a multitude of abbeys, castles, stately homes and gardens. Berwick-upon-Tweed, with its Elizabethan walls is well worth a visit and within easy reach are Holy Island, the Farne Islands and the coastal villages of Dunbar, Craster and Seahouses.