- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Alnmouth 2 miles. A delightful, semi-detached stone-built cottage in the village of Lesbury near Alnmouth. In a great location, this Lesbury cottage is ideal for small families, couples or friends seeking a cosy base from which to explore beautiful Northumberland and the Heritage Coast. Comfortably furnished, this Lesbury cottage has two bedrooms, one double and one single with an additional adult-size stacker bed. The spacious ground floor sitting room of this cottage in Lesbury has a dining area and overlooks the pretty cottage garden. To the rear of this Lesbury cottage is a small courtyard with patio area, where you can sit and plan the day or simply sit back with a refreshing drink. The village of Lesbury has a popular pub and Post Office and is within walking distance of Alnmouth's station, very convenient for non-drivers. Two miles east of your Lesbury cottage is the stunning coastline, with Alnmouth village and the castles of Bamburgh, Dunstanburgh and Warkworth all just a short drive away. Alnwick Castle and gardens are just a ten-minute drive away, a must when visiting the area; leave a whole day and take a change of clothes for the kids! This Lesbury cottage is the ideal base to explore this beautiful and dramatic region.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single with pull-out stacker bed. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and electric fire.
Gas central heating with electric fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, CD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Roadside parking, additional parking available at pub by arrangement. Enclosed patio garden with furniture. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 1 min walk.
- Last minute
- “Have just returned from a weeks stay in this wonderful cottage . It was a real treat a home from home . The accommodation is clean and very well maintained . There is a lovely back garden that our dog enjoyed playing in. The location is close by to local amenities . Can't say enough really only that we would happily return .”
- “This is probably one of the best cottages we have stayed in! A well furnished and decorated, very comfortable cottage situated in a friendly village. There was easy access via the coastal route to getting up and down the coast. For dog owners, Alnmouth beach is a 10min drive away or a couple of miles walk.”
- “Jasmine Cottage was everything shown on Sykes Cottages website and more. It was beautiful, homely and so well equipped. The location was idyllic and the locals so friendly and helpful. I would love to go back. A perfect week in a perfect location. Thank you.”
- “A beautiful cottage which was very quiet and with good WiFi reception. A well maintained home, and the back garden was full of birds. There was a lovely river walk starting 200 yards away near the Post Office.”
- “It was a very comfortable cottage and was ideal for the dogs with having an enclosed rear garden. We loved the location in a nice village with a good pub, and it was also central for visiting places up and down the coast. Great walking right from the front door too.”
- “It was a great cottage, very well equipped and a real home from home. A great location close to local amenities and well placed to visit lots of Northumberland.”
- “Great cottage and amazing coastline.”
- “The cottage was perfect for what we intended it for. It was extremely spacious with a really warm feel on arrival. It had everything that we needed and more! The location of the cottage was perfect for all the activities that we did in the week, including the train station at Alnmouth which was just a 10 minute walk away.”
- “The cottage was very clean and very well presented. For our purpose it was ideally placed for the Northumbria beaches.”
- “The location of the property is excellent. The cottage is very cosy and very well equipped.”
About the location
Alnwick 4 miles.
Situated just 4 miles east of Alnwick, Alnmouth is a charming resort popular with golfers and those seeking a peaceful holiday. The village lies on a narrow spit of land between the River Aln and the North Sea and was originally the port for Alnwick. Nowadays the area has returned to its unspoilt origins and offers a good variety of shops, pubs and restaurants as well as an excellent “links” golf course and some great rivers for fishing, as well as boasting miles and miles of splendid beaches and sand dunes to explore.