- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Alnmouth 1.5 miles.
This charming, semi-detached cottage is located in a central position in the picturesque village of Lesbury, 1.5 miles from Alnmouth.
This cottage near Alnmouth is tastefully furnished throughout, including a fully-fitted kitchen.
The gas fire in the sitting room gives instant heat, making it a delightfully warm and welcoming room in which to batten down the hatches and relax on the sumptuous sofas after a hard day's sightseeing.
If you prefer to head out for an evening meal, this cottage near Alnmouth is only a two minute walk from a traditional pub serving first-class food and ale.
This Alnmouth cottage is also in a perfect location for enjoying many walks from the doorstep and exploring the endless delights of the Heritage Coast, Warkworth Castle, Amble Marina, Alnwick Castle and gardens, Dunstanburgh Castle, Craster (famous for its kippers), Beadnell village and Bamburgh Castle, which are all less than a thirty minute drive away.
A little further are Hadrian's Wall, Holy Island and Cragside house and gardens at Rothbury.
Alternatively, with Alnmouth station only half a mile from this cottage why not jump on the train?
Newcastle is only 25 minutes away and you can be in Edinburgh in just over an hour.
This Alnmouth cottage is in a great position to explore this lovely county all through the year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single with additional pull-out stacker bed. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and coal-effect gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fire in sitting room
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, spin dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for two cars
- South-facing front garden with lawn, gravelled area and furniture
- Rear patio area with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Wonderful stay”
- “It was our first time in a holiday cottage and the first time to use Sykes. I was a little apprehensive as I had seen a couple of bad reviews for Sykes. We had no problems.Booking was easy and they gave us all the info we needed. The place we stayed Millars Retreat was fantastic. It was clean and beautifully decorated. It had all the things we needed to make our stay wonderful. The owners were great. They left a lovely pack for us,and included the children and something for our dogs as well. I couldn't have asked for anything better. When the bathroom light blew they came round straight away and fixed it. I cannot praise the owner enough.”
- “wonderful area to visit”
- “We stayed at Millers Retreat for a week,the cottage had everything that you could need and more.The village is neat ,and nice and quiet,and within easy reach of the magnificent beach at Alnmouth..The town of Alnwich is a 2.5 mile drive for the supermarkets and places of interest like Seahouses,Bamburgh,Craster and Holy island are not far away.We liked it so much that we have already booked the cottage for 2015.”
- “lovely weekend break”
- “this is a beautiful little cottage,lovely part of the world,nice friendly pub in the village,would go back again.”
- “A Cosy Home From Home”
- “We have just returned from a very enjoyable week at this lovely cottage on the Northumberland Heritage Coast. On arrival we were greeted with a bottle of wine and goodies to nibble, which was very welcome after a seven hour journey from Sussex! The owner popped round on the first evening to introduce herself and was very warm, welcoming and helpful. The cottage is clean, cosy, comfortable and very well equipped with everything you could need, and was a real home to come back to after a busy day out and about. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this cottage.”
- “So relaxing and homely, all the comforts of home.”
- “I would recommend this property because it has everything you need for a relaxing week. Whilst most of the places we wanted to visit were closed for maintenance it didn't matter because it made us slow down and do things like visiting the bookshop in Alnwick and spending time looking at books which normally we don't make time for. Also lots of walks along lovely beaches and good food both in cafes and pubs. All in all a great break. Just what we needed after Christmas”
- “Best equipped cottage we've ever stayed in and also the most wel”
- “The owners were very kind .. from the initial welcome pack (with goodies for humans and dog!) to ready availability to make sure we had everything we needed. The cottage was like a home from home, very comfortable and beautifully equipped. The village of Lesbury is picturesque, and ideally placed for visiting many surrounding attractions, including the nearby lovely beach at almouth. Best liked - the general comfort of the cottage and location. Least liked.. the weather! (but can't blame Sykes Cottages for that!)”
- “lovely cottage”
- “we had a great time in lesbury the cottage was first class and the owner called to welcome us soon after we arrived,she was very helpful informative on the area and things to do”
- “A fantastic cottage in a beautiful area.”
- “The cottage was lovely, beautifully clean and decorated. very comfortable and in a lovely village with a very good pub for meals. It was our first time in Northumberland and we were both delighted with everything we saw. Great castles and scenery and Lindisfarne! As ever Sykes came up trumps, with good service and a brilliant cottage. The owner came to visit us and was a charming lady.”
- “Lovely cottage in ideal location for exploring”
- “Cottage had all the facilities you need, comfy and well decorated - liked the local map on the wall for planning days out. In ideal location to visit the coast and see the sights. Exceptionally clean and well maintained property.”
- “Well worth a visit”
- “Excellent accommodation and very welcoming - even the dog received a welcome treat. Cottage warm and well equipped and everything that we asked for. Excellent hosts and visited after we arrived and just before we left. Lesbury is a fine base for touring and must be superb in the summer. Lots of walking nearby - the Northumberland Coastal Path in particular and the Northumberland beaches have to be experienced to be believed. Alnwick nearby is an interesting historic place and both Newcastle and Edinburgh are in easy reach. We shall revisit soon and recommend the cottage and its owner highly”
- “This cosy cottage is an excellent base for exploring the area without having to use the car. There are lovely walks along the coast and to Alnwick. The station for trains to Edinburgh and Newcastle is a 10 minute walk and the good local pub is 200 yards away. The cottage was warm and well-stocked, and the welcome pack left by the owners of wine, crisps, biscuits and chocolates was amazing!”
- “Very comfortable and dog friendly base. Great walks within easy distance from cottage. Very friendly and helpful owner.”
- “Cottage was nice and welcoming and fully equipped with everything we could have asked for.”
- “A very well equipped and furnished cottage. Situated in a lovely village with easy access to both hills and beaches for walking.”
- “A lovely location and a very well equipped cottage. A home from home, extremely impressed with the cottage.”
- “A fantastic property. It was very clean, warm and cosy, everything we needed and more. Had a very helpful and friendly owner. The cottage is in a perfect area for exploring the Northumberland coast, there were lots of lovely walks from the village. Good public transport links around the area, even had a day trip in Edinburgh, using the train. Would recommend this cottage.”
- “This cottage was extremely comfortable and had everything we needed. The owner had left some lovely treats for our arrival which added to the enjoyment of our stay. The overall appearance, cleanliness and added extras were excellent. You can walk to Alnmouth and the location is perfect for the coast, Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle and many other places of interest.”
- “Where do I begin? The welcome from the owner of this beautiful cottage was second to none! The cottage itself was a real home from home and so comfortable and cosy. A lot of thought has gone into the furnishings and providing a first class stay for guests. The location of the cottage is ideal for touring - and beautiful beaches are very close at hand. We had a very nice meal in the local pub and they made us (and our 8 year old grandson) very welcome.”
- “Excellent cottage in a great location. Highly recommended.”
- “Lovely cottage and a great location. It was very clean, well furnished and decorated.”
- “Great location, fantastic cottage, well maintained.”
- “This beautiful cottage is perfectly placed for all local beaches/walks/attractions. Lovely owner too. We loved our week at Millers Retreat, so much so, we will return next year!”
About the location
Alnwick 4 miles.
Situated just 4 miles east of Alnwick, Alnmouth is a charming resort popular with golfers and those seeking a peaceful holiday. The village lies on a narrow spit of land between the River Aln and the North Sea and was originally the port for Alnwick. Nowadays the area has returned to its unspoilt origins and offers a good variety of shops, pubs and restaurants as well as an excellent “links” golf course and some great rivers for fishing, as well as boasting miles and miles of splendid beaches and sand dunes to explore.