- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A traditional, mid-terrace cottage in the rural village of Lowick. The inside of this Lowick cottage has been refurbished to a particularly high standard, and provides extremely comfortable, well-furnished accommodation, over three floors. The well-equipped fitted kitchen in this Lowick cottage has access to the rear decked area, while the spacious sitting room with woodburner offers a perfect spot to curl up on a chilly evening. The en-suite facilities at this Lowick cottage are an added bonus, while its location within easy reach of sandy beaches, historic castles, market towns and superb walking is sure to suit all parties. Close to the village shop and local pubs, this Lowick cottage is a great base to enjoy the Borders, Northumberland, Holy Island and the Heritage Coast.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single, 1 x second floor twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area and access to rear decked area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- AGA-style oil-fired cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi, selection of CDs, DVDs and books
- Oil and electricity inc. in rent
- Logs for woodburner available to purchase locally
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Rear enclosed garden with decking, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 mile
- Note: The second floor twin bedroom is accessed via a wooden, open-tread spiral staircase, therefore this room may not be suitable for very young children and those with limited mobility.
- Last minute
- “The cottage was absolutely wonderful and spotlessly clean with everything provided that we could possibly need. The cottage was also very warm which was great to come back to after our walks every day. And overall it's in a great location for visit all the amazing attractions that Northumberland has to offer. I would (and actually already have), recommend this lovely property to friends and colleagues alike.”
- “This house was beyond excellent, it was warm and cosy, with all the facilities and more that you could require, including free wifi. It's in an excellent central position for exploring this part of Northumbria, and close to amenities. We loved the views across fields from the front and rear of the house.”
- “Everything about the property was fantastic - it was possibly the best holiday let we have ever stayed in.”
- “This property is of a very high standard. It was extremely clean and comfortable and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.”
- “A wonderful cottage in an excellent location. We really enjoyed our stay, it was everything we hoped for. We would definitely recommend this cottage.”
- “The cottage was lovely, a real home from home. Great care has been taken to make this a wonderful, comfortable holiday home. We've been staying in holiday cottages for over 15 years and this has to be one of the best we've rented. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends and family.”
- “The cottage was lovely, well equipped and spotless. The garden is great to sit out in - if the sun comes out!”
- “The cottage was perfect for our week long stay in Northumberland. We had a fantastic family holiday and we will recommend this property to our family and friends. Thank you.”
- “The cottage was perfect for our week long stay in Northumberland. We loved the cottage, it was exceptionally clean, well thought out and very comfortable. Had absolutely stunning views. We will be recommending the cottage to our family and friends.”
- “Had easy access to the coast and was handy for Berwick. A cosy and comfortable cottage, decorated to a high standard. Loved the log burning stove and the welcome pack. A perfect "getaway" for us to unwind and relax.”
- “We were very surprised about the quality of the Barmoor Retreat, it was faultless; very comfortable, homely, spotlessly clean and with added touches such as the log burner being already laid for us to light. The owners are very friendly and had also left us a welcome snack for our first night which was a lovely touch. The area is beautiful with loads of things to see and do, highly recommend the area and accommodation.”
- “The accommodation was extremely comfortable and equipped to the highest standard. Towels were included and a bottle of wine with cheese and biscuits was waiting for us! The area was peaceful and quiet but within easy reach of the coast and the Cheviot hills with all their attractions.”
About the location
Wooler 8 miles; Berwick-upon-Tweed 11 miles.
The small attractive village of Lowick is ideally placed for a holiday in Northumberland. Kimmerston Riding Centre is just a few miles to the west of the village. The pretty village of Ford with its castle and craft shops is 2 miles away, part of the Ford and Etal Estate which has facilities for cycling and fishing, as well as a mini railway – ideal for all the family. There are also excellent golfing opportunities, with 8 golf courses within 20 miles of Lowick. Northumberland’s beautiful coastline, Holy Island, the Cheviots for hill walking and mountain biking and the fascinating border town of Berwick, are all only short drives away. A superb base for exploring all the region has to offer.