- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful 19th century mid-terrace cottage situated in the hamlet of North Charlton, just 7 miles from Alnwick.
Located just a short drive from the spectacular Northumberland Coast, the cottage is ideal for a family holiday.
Decorated and furnished to a good standard throughout, this Northumbrian cottage boasts charm and character, including a spacious sitting room with beams and a woodburning stove in a feature inglenook fireplace.
There are three well-appointed bedrooms and a modern bathroom on the first floor and a well-equipped fitted kitchen which will cater for all of your needs.
The castle and gardens at Alnwick are just a few miles away from the cottage, or you could visit Lindisfarne on Holy Island, the Scottish Borders, and the magnificent Heritage Coast, only a few miles east of this charming cottage.
There are many National Trust and English Heritage sites to visit in the area making this lovely North Charlton cottage a great base for discovering all that Northumberland has to offer.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen. Utility. Impressive open plan sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove in inglenook fireplace.
Oil central heating with woodburning stove in the sitting room. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi. Fuel, power and initial supply for woodburning stove inc. in rent. Bed linen inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Enclosed courtyard to rear. Private patio area with furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved pet welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops and pubs 4 miles.
- Last minute
- “Highly recommended”
- “Very comfortable and clean cottage. Home from home. The owner has thought of just about everything to make this a base for your holiday. Perfectly located off the A1 to access Northumberland. Although very close to the A1 the road noise didn't bother us. I would highly recommend this cottage. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to the area.”
- “Lovely cosy cottage - a very peaceful location and a very warm w”
- “The owner met us at the cottage and was very friendly and helpful - the cottage was lovely and well equipped and spacious. The location is very close to several places of interest, including Craster with its lovely beach and Dunstonburgh castle. Alnwick is a short drive away and we spent an exhilarating day at Go ape which was not very far away. The owner had left wine and flowers and firewood for us on arrival which was a lovely welcoming touch.”
- “Fabulous Cottage”
- “Shepherds Nook is a fabulously appointed, warm, cosy, well equipped and beautifully maintained cottage. It was totally conducive with relaxation and felt like a home from home right away.”
- “Fabulous retreat for all the family”
- “Really great cottage with everything we could have wished for. The three children loved 'chatting' to the nearby animals every day and the cottage had all the facilities we needed. Excellent extra touches like games and books. Perfect location for everything we wanted to see - just wish we could have stayed longer - next time!”
- “Wonderful cottage, we had a lovely time. Very comfortable and well equipped. Very good location near A1 quick to get to many locations.”
- “Stunning! Perfect location to see all the sites we had 3 generations in one house.”
- “The cottage was well equipped with a generous supply of wood for the wood burning stove.”
- “The cottage was in a perfect location for access to visiting all of Northumberland. It was like home from home and every detail had been thought of to make it a pleasant holiday.”
- “A beautiful and spacious cottage, very convenient for sightseeing. Tastefully furnished and very clean.”
- “It was the perfect place to spend a relaxing few days. The cottage was very well situated, ideal for visiting pretty much all of Northumberland. Little welcome gifts of wine and chocolates plus a supply of tea, coffee, sugar and milk in the fridge were appreciated. The owner text us on our arrival and at the end of our visit, she was very friendly and helpful.”
About the location
Alnwick 7 miles; Rennington 5 miles.
The small hamlet of North Charlton is an ideal place from which to explore Northumberland. A short drive will take you to Embleton Bay, Low Newton by the Sea and Beadnell Bay, each offering lovely sandy beaches. The ducal market town of Alnwick, with its magnificent Norman Castle, is just 10 minutes away and offers a wide range of amenities. The countryside surrounding North Charlton is extremely picturesque and the Cheviot foothills and National Park are only a short drive away. For golfers, there are challenging Links courses in abundance. A superb base for exploring all the region has to offer.