- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Durham 3.5 miles. A delightful detached cottage, nestling in the owners' 3 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, in the scattered rural hamlet of Plawsworth, under 4 miles from Durham city centre.
Originally this Plawsworth cottage was a powerhouse supplying Southill Hall with electricity, but has now been lovingly restored to provide first-class accommodation, and a perfect romantic retreat.
This Plawsworth cottage is luxuriously appointed throughout, with a mezzanine level double bedroom overlooking the main sitting area, and a compact ground floor room with adult bunks.
The lovely ground floor sitting area has sumptuous, comfortable sofas, while the small but well-equipped kitchen area has everything you could require to rustle up a delicious gourmet meal.
To the rear of this cottage in Plawsworth there is a decked area with table, chairs and BBQ, an ideal spot for chilling out and taking in the countryside with only the rabbits, owls and the occasional pheasant to disturb you.
This Plawsworth cottage is in a brilliant location for discovering south Northumberland, just a 4 mile drive to Durham city with its cathedral and castle, and 3 miles to the Roman town of Chester-le-Street.
A little further afield there are many exciting day trips to Beamish museum, the Durham Dales, Newcastle upon Tyne, Hadrian's Wall, the Heritage Coast, Cragside at Rothbury and the North Yorkshire Moors.
With easy access to the A1 yet in a peaceful location, you couldn't find a better spot for relaxing than this cosy Plawsworth cottage.
Two bedrooms: 1 x mezzanine double (limited headroom down one side), 1 x ground floor adult bunks. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and electric fire.
- Electric convector heaters with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer fitted under stairs in sitting room, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, telephone (charged to visitors' own phone account via BT Call My Bill), selection of books, games and DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared lawned garden to front and side, decked area with furniture to the rear
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: There is limited headroom to access the double bed down one side
- Note: Dining area in sitting room consists of a drop leaf table and folding chairs
- Note: Max 3 adults and 1 child up to 12yrs
About the location
Situated in one of the most beautiful counties of England, Durham city is one of the jewels in England’s crown. Dominated by the historic centre, a World Heritage Site, the city is home to magnificent Durham Cathedral, with its breathtaking vaulted ceiling and splendid architecture. The cathedral, the final resting place of the Venerable Bede, is one of the finest examples of Norman architecture in the whole of Europe. Durham Castle stands side by side with the cathedral, on a prominent hill-top site, encircled by the wooded slopes of the River Wear below. The city itself offers elegant buildings and fascinating narrow streets with excellent shopping, eating and drinking to suit all tastes. Add to that the ease of access to the rest of this historic county, “Land of the Prince Bishops”, and Durham has much to offer the discerning traveller, from Medieval castles to marvellous landscapes and scenic walks. Durham city is the ideal location for discovering this beautiful county.
Note: Max 3 adults and 1 child up to 12yrs.