- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A former country estate worker's end-terrace cottage situated in the village of Powburn.
Built in the 19th century and fully refurbished by the current owners, this stone-built property boasts tasteful decoration, in keeping with the property's rural character, and offers comfortable, warm and cosy accommodation throughout, with a wonderful multi-fuel stove in the sitting room, housed in an original inglenook fireplace.
The property has beautiful views of the Cheviot Hills, and being just 5 minutes' drive from Northumberland's magnificent National Park, 15 minutes' drive from the historic market town of Alnwick with its grand Norman castle and garden, and 25 minutes from the beautiful Heritage Coast, this is an ideal base for exploring all that the region has to offer.
With a children's play area just a few minutes away, there's something for all the family.
Note: This property is next door to Ref. 2557 and together they can accommodate 8 people.
Two bedrooms both with TV: 1 x king-size double, 1 x adult bunks (6'6" x 2'6"). Ground floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Well-equipped kitchen with walk-in pantry and dining area. Charming, bright sitting room with multi-fuel stove.
- Central heating from multi-fuel stove in sitting room with electric oil-filled radiators
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, small freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD player, radio/cassette player, stereo/CD player, selection of books and games
- All fuel, power and solid fuel for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for up to 2 cars
- Small garden and bench to front, small seating area to rear with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 mins walk, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Whilst property doesn't accept pets, on occasion the owner's pet may visit the property, however, a thorough clean is completed before each guest arrives.
About the location
Alnwick 9 miles; Rothbury 10 miles; Wooler 9 miles.
The small pretty Northumberland village of Powburn is situated in the foothills of the Cheviots and surrounded by glorious countryside. The village has a shop and a wide range of amenities are available in the nearby market town of Alnwick. The village makes an ideal base for exploring the Northumberland National Park, Alnwick with its imposing castle (known to millions as Hogwarts School in Harry Potter!), the impressive castle gardens and The Treehouse Restaurant. The spectacular coastline, the attractive towns of Wooler and Rothbury and the well known National Trust country house and gardens at Cragside are all within easy reach.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute