- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An end-terrace former country estate worker's cottage, situated just off the square in the pretty village of Powburn, 9 miles from Alnwick. Built in the 19th century and fully refurbished, this stone-built property offers comfortable, warm and cosy accommodation, with a woodburner in the bright sitting room. Just a few minutes from the shop and pub, The Forge, is just 5 minutes' drive from Northumberland's magnificent National Park, and 15 minutes' drive from the historic market town of Alnwick, with its grand castle and gardens. The stunning stretches of beach and quirky fishing villages of the Heritage Coast are within half an hour's drive, making this an ideal base for sampling all that Northumberland has to offer. Note: This property is next door to Ref.1249 and together they can accommodate 8 people.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Modern kitchen leading to sitting room with dining area and inglenook fireplace with woodburner.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD player, PlayStation 2, 2 x stereos/CD players (1 with iPod dock), WiFi
- Fuel, power and initial supply for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 mins walk, pub 2 mins walk, children's park available 50m from property.
- Last minute
- “Nice cottage”
- “Family holiday to Northumberland. This is how we found the cottage Car Parking small area to park the car, to the rear of the property. Make sure you park in the right place, 'cos if you don't the locals will let you know. The front of the property is on the main road Entrance To the rear of the property. Porch entrance before you enter the property into the living room. Living room Large flatscreen TV, BT modem. Various ipod/ CD player type things. Two sofa's that have seen better days. Watch out for the low hanging light fitting too. But a nice space that leads into the dining kitchen. Dining Kitchen Table- 4 chairs, very well equipped kitchen, hob, cooker, microwave etc. Off the kitchen is a downstairs bathroom Bathroom Toilet, sink, shower over bath. plenty of space, everything works as it should, but a noticeable amount of dust on the Venetian blinds and tops of cupboards. Bedrooms Two bedrooms upstairs, both have sloped ceilings. Both bedrooms have a generous amount of space. Both have a TV, but only one has an aerial socket ! Both have plenty of storage drawers. Local amenities. One friendly and sympathetic neighbour with young children. Pub/ restaurant 30 seconds away. Nice food generous portions, average as a pub. Petrol station/ convenience store. 3 min walk away, standard. Play park 30 seconds away, spacious and well maintained. Cafe, 4 mins walk open 9-5, standard. Everything else is a drive away. The town of Wooller is nearest at 8 miles, then Alnwick is 9-10 miles. There is a heck of a lot to do in Northumberland, and i recommend you plan the various activities before you go there. Overall the Forge is a decent base for a holiday where you are outside more than inside. But most local attractions are a bit of a drive away. The Forge would not be my first choice if i was spending all my time indoors 7/10”
- “We enjoyed a relaxing break”
- “We never met the owners, the only contact was when the person who cleans the cottage arrived well before the departure time. The house was suitable for us, although the water on the first morning was not hot. It appeared that the control was off and it was only on looking at the control that we found this out. The house was adequate for our purpose. The nearby pub was excellent and plenty places to visit. We were disappointed with the main bedroom as it was not as shown in photo and it proved awkward to get out to go to toilet during the night.Perhaps up to date information about the area could be available.”
- “the forge”
- “a very pleasant cottage in a good location it says there is parking for 2 cars it is a bit of a squeeze.lots to do walking sightseeing frendly pub with poor beer and food warm clean cottage”
- “The cottage was small, cosy and very welcoming, just the right size for a family of 4. I wanted to move in! The small park nearby was ideal for the children and very quiet so they didn't need to queue for the zip wire! The Northumberland area was fantastic to visit, with all the amazing castles, long sandy beaches and beautiful countryside.”
About the location
Alnwick 9 miles; Rothbury 10 miles; Wooler 9 miles.
The small pretty Northumberland village of Powburn is situated in the foothills of the Cheviots and surrounded by glorious countryside. The village has a shop and pub and a wide range of amenities are available in the nearby market town of Alnwick. The village makes an ideal base for exploring the Northumberland National Park, Alnwick with its imposing castle (known to millions as Hogwarts School in Harry Potter!), the impressive castle gardens and The Treehouse Restaurant. The spectacular coastline, the attractive towns of Wooler and Rothbury and the well known National Trust country house and gardens at Cragside are all within easy reach.