- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An end-terrace former country estate worker's cottage, situated just off the square in the pretty village of Powburn, 9 miles from Alnwick.
Built in the 19th century and fully refurbished, this stone-built property offers comfortable, warm and cosy accommodation, with a woodburner in the bright sitting room.
Just a few minutes from the shop and pub, The Forge, is just 5 minutes' drive from Northumberland's magnificent National Park, and 15 minutes' drive from the historic market town of Alnwick, with its grand castle and gardens.
The stunning stretches of beach and quirky fishing villages of the Heritage Coast are within half an hour's drive, making this an ideal base for sampling all that Northumberland has to offer.
Note: This property is next door to Ref.1249 and together they can accommodate 8 people.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Modern kitchen leading to sitting room with dining area and inglenook fireplace with woodburner.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD player, PlayStation 2, 2 x stereos/CD players (1 with iPod dock), WiFi
- Fuel, power and initial supply for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 mins walk, pub 2 mins walk, children's park available 50m from property.
About the location
Alnwick 9 miles; Rothbury 10 miles; Wooler 9 miles.
The small pretty Northumberland village of Powburn is situated in the foothills of the Cheviots and surrounded by glorious countryside. The village has a shop and pub and a wide range of amenities are available in the nearby market town of Alnwick. The village makes an ideal base for exploring the Northumberland National Park, Alnwick with its imposing castle (known to millions as Hogwarts School in Harry Potter!), the impressive castle gardens and The Treehouse Restaurant. The spectacular coastline, the attractive towns of Wooler and Rothbury and the well known National Trust country house and gardens at Cragside are all within easy reach.
- Last minute