- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
Warkworth 3 miles. A lovely, semi-detached bungalow adjoining the owner's home, this property lies in an acre of mature gardens set back from the coastal road in Radcliffe, about 1 mile south of Amble and 3 miles south of Warkworth. Comfortably furnished, with solid oak flooring in the living areas, the all ground floor accommodation is suitable for families and friends of all ages. French doors lead into a private enclosed garden, complete with BBQ and views across to the Cheviots. A great base from which to explore the coast and castles of the area, with a wealth of shops, pubs and restaurants available in nearby Amble and Warkworth.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining and sitting areas and French doors out to rear garden area.
Electric storage heaters. Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, video, DVD player. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for two cars. Enclosed garden to rear of property with lawn, patio, garden furniture and BBQ. Up to two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops, pubs etc in Amble, approx. 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “A lovely location for sight seeing a beautiful beach 10 minutes away. The cottage was wonderful and the enclosed garden was brilliant for our dog. There were fantastic views from the cottage and it was very peaceful. Will definitely be making a return visit in the future. Thank you.”
- “The lodge was in a great location and the owners where really pleasant, where nothing was too much trouble. The lodge was clean and tidy and fully stocked. We would highly recommended.”
- “The owner was very friendly and helpful, the cottage was clean and comfortable, the garden was lovely and we really appreciated the space. All in all we enjoyed our stay.”
- “Ideally situated for visiting all areas along the Northumberland Coast. The owners of the cottage extremely helpful without being intrusive. Imparting their knowledge of local areas of interest was much appreciated.”
- “Cottage is in a good location for touring the region. The owner and his family were very caring and helped to make our stay enjoyable”
- “I loved the lay out, the garden was perfect for my dog, the owners are spot on nice and friendly but not pushy, There if you need them, infact like it so much I have booked for next year, was so peaceful.”
- “The dog proof garden really was dog proof and the dogs being really welcomed made us able to really relax. The beaches were only a few minutes away and the cottage owner was really friendly and helpful.”
- “We spent a very enjoyable & relaxing week in Park Lodge; the bungalow is well appointed, warm & comfortable and everything we needed was provided; I don't think our Hosts had forgotten anything. We would highly recommend the property & hope to return next year to see more of this lovely county.”
About the location
Alnwick 5 miles; Alnmouth 3 miles.
Lying in the loop of the River Coquet on the Heritage Coast, Warkworth is a picturesque village, dominated by the dramatic ruins of its 12th century castle. The history of the village and the castle are intertwined with the Percy Family who took over the castle in 1332. The Percys’ other home is nearby Alnwick Castle, most recently associated with Harry Potter as the film location of Hogwarts School. The main street is lined with Georgian and early Victorian houses and there is an exceptional range of galleries, antiques shops, a village shop/Post Office, pubs, restaurants and gift shops to suit all tastes. Warkworth has its own stretch of sandy beach and a 9 hole pay and play golf course. Also within easy touring distance are Hadrian’s Wall, Bamburgh Castle, Holy Island, the Farne Islands, several wonderful beaches and Alnwick Garden with its remarkable water cascade and Tree House Restaurant.