- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A very smart, double-fronted, stone-built detached house in the popular village of Christon Bank. The cottage is large and roomy, ideal for families or groups of friends wishing to base themselves in the heart of the Northumberland Heritage Coast. Tastefully decorated throughout, this Christon Bank cottage has four spacious bedrooms along with a large shower room on the first floor, and the two comfortable sitting rooms give you the opportunity to have a little peace and quiet after a long day sightseeing. Outside this Christon Bank cottage, the front area has been gravelled to provide off road parking, and to the rear of the property there is a pretty, enclosed garden with furniture, a perfect spot to sit and unwind whilst watching the ponies in the field behind. This Christon Bank cottage is just a five minute stroll from the local pub, which serves good pub food, and the village shop and Post Office. Two miles east of your Christon Bank cottage is the stunning coastline with Bamburgh, Dunstanburgh, Warkworth and Alnwick castles all just a short drive away. High and Low Newton-by-the-Sea are just over two miles away, with fantastic beaches and two great pubs serving real ales and excellent food. The whole party is sure to have an enjoyable time during their stay at this lovely cottage in Christon Bank.
Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin with TV, 1 x family room with 1 super king-size double and 1 single, 1 x family room with TV and 3 singles. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with gas fire. Second sitting room with gas fire.
Oil central heating with gas fires. Electric oven and hob, microwave, 2 x fridges, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 4 x TVs (one with Apple TV), DVD, iPod dock, PlayStation 2, Xbox, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 3 cars. Lawned garden with furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 5 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Spacious property, very well maintained with care and thought given to décor. Plenty of living space for two large families. Lots of extras in the way of games and books.”
- “Had a fantastic family holiday, great location and lots of room in the house for all of us. Will be returning in the future.”
- “A lovely property, loved the views.”
- “The size of the cottage and the amenities provided.”
- “The property suited us all very well was comfortable and we felt very much at home. The kitchen area was lovely with all white goods you could want. We really loved our stay here.”
- “Perfect area for touring, fabulous house!”
- “Cottage set in superb location, plenty of excellent walking and good pub grub handy!”
- “Plenty of room for all the family to be together. We had read good reviews and were not disappointed.”
- “Lovely large period property, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Beds were comfortable and the whole place is decorated to a good and tasteful standard. Perfect base for a weeks holiday in Northumberland.”
- “Greycroft was a beautiful house, and the kitchen was really well equipped to a high standard. Every detail had been thought about, and everything anyone may need on their holiday was provided. We were all really happy there on our weeks stay.”
- “Lovely big house, very comfortable, superb location. We loved sitting in the garden and having the space to spread out in the two living rooms. We enjoyed the lovely big dining area in the kitchen. The beds were comfortable. The house was immaculately clean. It was a very peaceful house. We enjoyed watching the comings and goings of the sheep in the field behind the garden.”
- “Very homely and well equipped, a lovely relaxing stay.”
About the location
Embleton 2 miles; Beadnell 5 miles; Alnwick 8 miles.
Christon Bank lies 8 miles north east of Northumberland's major market town Alnwick, famous for its stunning castle and gardens. Only 2 miles east of the village are the beautiful bays at Embleton and Low Newton-by-the-Sea, which are nestled within miles and miles of unspoilt sandy beaches and dunes. To the north lies Lindisfarne on Holy Island, Berwick-upon-Tweed and the Scottish Borders, whilst an hour's drive to the south is the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. Christon Bank is set amidst outstanding countryside, which is breathtakingly beautiful all year round. It is a small and friendly village, with a pub and an abundance of excellent pubs and restaurants in the neighbouring villages. With its superb sandy beaches, coastal walks, golf, horse riding and cycle ways the area is perfect for a relaxing family holiday.