- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This 18th century end-terrace cottage is in the Northumberland village of Christon Bank, 2 miles from Low Newton-by-the-Sea.
Formerly the village inn, this Christon Bank cottage has been lovingly restored in a contemporary style to provide light and airy, tasteful accommodation set over one floor.
To the front of this Christon Bank cottage there is a spacious sitting room with a warming woodburner and open roof trusses, perfect for unwinding at the end of a long hard day sightseeing.
Two lovely bedrooms, one with a part exposed stone wall and one with double doors leading to the rear garden, offer restful sleeping accommodation at this Christon Bank cottage.
To the rear of this Christon Bank cottage there is a well-equipped kitchen with dining area and double French windows that open out onto the patio and garden, perfect for alfresco dining.
This Christon Bank cottage is just a two minute stroll from the local pub, and a shop and Post Office.
Two miles east of your Christon Bank cottage is the stunning coastline, with Bamburgh, Dunstanburgh, Warkworth and Alnwick castles all just short drives away.
High and Low Newton-by-the-Sea are just over two miles away, with fantastic beaches and two great pubs serving real ales and excellent food.
A great Christon Bank cottage at any time of year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Additional basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Beach 2 miles.
- Last minute
- “This is our second visit to the property and it was just as good the second time around. It's immaculate and tastefully decorated. The location is fantastic. There's so much to do around the area. We will be back again.”
- “This was an outstandingly superb cottage; the best we have stayed in in 25 years of booking holiday cottages. The quality of the cottage and the attention to detail was wonderful. When looking to rent a cottage, you hope to find a place which is even nicer than your own home and just as comfortable - this fitted the bill and more. The pictures and décor were absolutely perfect and reflected the owner's exceptional taste. Add the fact that the cottage was so close to the very fine Northumbrian coastline and you have the perfect holiday package. Needless to say, we loved the holiday and would happily return at some later date. We shall certainly be recommending the cottage and the area to friends and family.”
- “It has everything you could possible need and more. Furnished to a high standard & spotlessly clean.”
- “A beautifully styled and comfortable house. Everything we needed was in the kitchen, there was plentiful hot water and a shower with good water pressure. The garden was immaculate and perfect for eating out, relaxing and watching the birds. A lovely spot for a base when touring the Northumberland coast.”
- “The cottage was furnished comfortably for a family stay and had everything that we needed. It was larger than we anticipated and was only a mile from the exceptional coastline. The garden had space for the kids to run around in and the cottage and as a whole it was immaculately maintained. We would be back in a heartbeat.”
- “There where fantastic facilities in the cottage with everything we needed. A lovely garden which was ideal for our family with 2 young children.”
- “The property was excellent and matched the description in the brochure. It was well placed for all the main tourist attractions and was easy to reach on good roads.”
- “A lovely cottage to come home to every night. Plus Northumberland is just a fantastic place with so much to do with 2 young children.”
- “The cottage is an absolute gem. There is so much to do and see just a short distance away. And in one week we only scratched the surface. We loved the Rising Sun cottage and fully intend to stay there again.”
- “"It was a fantastic holiday and Rising Sun was a fabulous property as a base. The cottage was well equipped and had everything we needed. Despite being March the garden looked immaculate. The cottage and its position enabled us to get everywhere we wanted to - from Berwick to Newcastle and the Kielder Forest."”
- “A great holiday cottage in a rural setting,with beaches and castles a short drive away. Lots of nice walks nearby.”
About the location
Embleton 2 miles; Beadnell 5 miles; Alnwick 8 miles.
Christon Bank lies 8 miles north east of Northumberland's major market town Alnwick, famous for its stunning castle and gardens. Only 2 miles east of the village are the beautiful bays at Embleton and Low Newton-by-the-Sea, which are nestled within miles and miles of unspoilt sandy beaches and dunes. To the north lies Lindisfarne on Holy Island, Berwick-upon-Tweed and the Scottish Borders, whilst an hour's drive to the south is the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. Christon Bank is set amidst outstanding countryside, which is breathtakingly beautiful all year round. It is a small and friendly village, with a pub and an abundance of excellent pubs and restaurants in the neighbouring villages. With its superb sandy beaches, coastal walks, golf, horse riding and cycle ways the area is perfect for a relaxing family holiday.