- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Rock 1 mile, Embleton 3 miles.
A charming early-18th century Northumbrian rural retreat, which adjoins the owners' tranquil farmhouse and garden in the scattered rural hamlet of Rock.
Just 3 miles inland from beautiful bays at Embleton and Low Newton-by-the-Sea, Rock Mill Cottage has been sympathetically restored to provide tasteful, comfortable accommodation.
Surrounded by spectacular wide open countryside, the location is idyllic - perfect for a relaxing break.
Alnwick is just 6.5 miles to the west, whilst Lindisfarne on Holy Island lies proudly on the horizon some 24 miles to the north.
With picture postcard beaches and good real ale pubs and restaurants in abundance (including the owners' favourite, The Ship Inn at Low Newton-by-the-Sea) this is a superb country holiday paradise!
Note: This property is adjacent to Refs. 1786 and 29817, and together they can accommodate up to 12 people.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x double. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Large, open plan living/dining room with woodburning stove and delightful view to south west-facing rear garden. Outhouses for bikes.
- Night storage heaters with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with basic Sky, Blu-ray DVD, radio/CD, iPod dock, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair, stairgate and fireguard on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Walled front garden with furniture and BBQ, enclosed rear garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and quaint real ale pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Property accessed via private lane
- Note: Public footpath runs from property to Embleton Bay and Low Newton-by-the-Sea.
About the location
Craster 3 miles; Beadnell 4 miles; Alnwick 7 miles.
The pretty village of Embleton is ideally placed for exploring one of the most attractive stretches of Northumberland's Heritage Coastline. A beautiful grassy path runs from the village to neighbouring Craster, alongside the sea and past Dunstanburgh Castle - the largest ruined castle in Northumberland. Embleton itself has a village pub and a local hotel, and there is an excellent range of amenities in nearby Alnwick. The gardens at nearby Howick Hall are open during the summer and are noted for their beauty, whilst Alnwick Castle and Garden are a 'must-see' when visiting the area. For the keen golfer, Dunstanburgh Links Course is about 1 mile away - just one of several excellent courses in the vicinity.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute