- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful bungalow in a quiet street in the Northumberland town of Rothbury.
This Rothbury cottage is well presented and provides spacious family accommodation, a delightful home-from-home.
The light and airy sitting room provides the perfect spot for enjoying the stunning views over the Coquet Valley, and the addition of a cosy woodburning stove means you can enjoy those views throughout the year, no matter what the weather outside.
The kitchen is very well equipped, and has access to the rear garden with its patio and seating area, making it ideal for family meals both inside and out.
This Rothbury cottage offers easy access to some wonderful countryside walks and cycle paths; The Simonside Hills are just waiting to be explored, with ancient forts, cairns, burial grounds and mythical dwarves, whilst the nearby Northumberland National Park is just a short drive away.
A ten-minute walk will take you to the centre of Rothbury, with an array of shops, pretty tea rooms and traditional pubs.
Discover NT Cragside House, the Heritage Coast and Hadrian’s Wall, while a short drive to the east lies Alnwick Castle and Gardens, famous for the filming of many of the Harry Potter scenes.
A wonderful Rothbury cottage at any time of year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single with pull-out stacker bed. Shower room with shower and basin. Separate WC. Kitchen. Utility. Dining room. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric range cooker with electric oven and 4-ring hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Rear lawned garden with furniture, front lawned garden with furniture and fish pond
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 10 mins walk
- Note: There is an unfenced pond at this property, please ensure children and dogs are supervised.
- Last minute
About the location
Alnwick 10 miles.
The capital of Coquetdale, Rothbury lies on the north bank of the famous salmon and trout river, the Coquet, and is dominated by the heather clad Simonside Hills. It is an attractive, small market town and its proximity to Northumberland’s National Park ensures excellent local walking. Stone houses, typical of the region, line the town’s steep main streets and there is a good range of shops on offer. With a golf course, public tennis courts and cycle hire close by and a variety of great houses and gardens to explore, including Cragside, Alnwick Castle (home of the Duke of Northumberland), Wallington Hall and a host of famous castles, this great location has plenty to offer. Hadrian’s Wall, Kielder Reservoir and Forest and the sandy beaches and dunes of the coast are also within easy driving distance.