- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Lanchester 3 miles.
A stone-built, semi-detached property adjoining the owner's home, set in open countryside, close to the village of Lanchester in lovely County Durham.
Converted from an old cow byre, The Granary is comfortably furnished offering visitors a warm and relaxing base from which to explore not only County Durham, but North Yorkshire, Cumbria, Northumbria, Roman Wall Country and the Lake District.
The sitting room offers panoramic, rural views from three sides with a south-facing conservatory to the rear, making the most of this peaceful location.
The historic city of Durham is just 11 miles away, and within comfortable driving distance are the Wear Valley, Teesdale, Northumberland, The Metro Centre, Beamish Museum and Shildon Railway Museum.
The Durham Cricket Ground at The Riverside, which features international matches, is about 30 minutes' drive away.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x family with three single beds. Shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove and conservatory. Entrance porch.
- LPG central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric double oven with hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD player, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Extra fuel for fire can be purchased from owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking (access to property is via a 150m private lane)
- Enclosed garden areas with garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome under strict control
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Due to rural location, internet connection and speeds cannot be guaranteed
- Note: The owner's ponies, hens and occasionally sheep are nearby
- All children must be supervised when near the livestock and dogs must be kept under control
- Neighbouring farms also have livestock.
About the location
Durham 8 miles; Newcastle 20 miles.
Set in the beautiful countryside of County Durham, approximately eight miles to the west of the historic City of Durham itself, is the village of Lanchester. The village took its name from the Roman fort of Longovicium situated half a mile south-west of Lanchester. Today, the Roman connection is reflected in the many Northumbrian tourist attractions along Hadrian’s Wall. Evidence of the Roman occupation in Lanchester is strong - stones from the original fort are incorporated into both local farm buildings and Lanchester’s attractive Church of All Saints, dating from Norman times. Now a thriving and substantial village, Lanchester has a good range of shops, pubs and restaurants. The surrounding countryside is superb for walking - the Lanchester Valley Walk runs the course of a disused railway line from Consett to Durham and is excellent for walkers or cyclists. With Durham City just 8 miles away, and Newcastle just 20 miles, there are many fantastic shopping opportunities within easy reach. An excellent base for Weardale and Teesdale, Cumbria and The Pennines, not to mention the historic Roman Wall Country together with the fabulous beaches and castles of the North Sea Coastline.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute