- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A superb, detached single-storey cottage in the popular coastal fishing village of Seahouses.
Helmsdale has been thoughtfully refurbished to blend traditional and modern styles, and offers spacious, quality accommodation, decorated and furnished to a very high standard, including a 30&
8217; sitting room with dining area.
The property has lovely established gardens to the front and a fully-enclosed garden to the rear - a real sun trap!
A lively and popular location, the village offers a variety of shops, pubs and restaurants and its own picturesque harbour.
Visitors can explore the delights of Northumbria's stunning coastline, with its sandy beaches and historic castles within easy travelling distance.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, separate shower cubicle, basin and WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen. Utility room. Laundry. Very spacious sitting room with dining area.
Oil central heating. Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer and sink (in spacious laundry), dishwasher, TV with Freeview package, video, DVD player, CD mini system. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and hand/tea towels inc. in rent (bring own bath towels). Cot and highchair available. Garage for one car plus additional off road parking for 2 cars on the driveway. Sunny enclosed rear garden with garden furniture and BBQ, established garden to the front. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops, pubs and harbour 3 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Brilliant holday home”
- “I was astonished how good this bungalow was. The picture on the net simply does it no justice. It was very well furnished throughout, the bed being especially comfortable. The kitchen was very well fitted out with most things you could want. The living room is very large and also well furnished with good light from the street at the front - the hedge keeps the outlook quite private. I was very pleased to find that area if very quiet with little traffic down this particular street. There are plenty of eating outlets in the area - a very good Chinese takeaway is only a short walk away. I thoroughly recommend this holiday home!”
- “Lovely Cottage”
- “Had a lovely stay in Helmsdale, everything catered for with top of range equipment, very spacious rooms and suntrap in back garden, just had a bit of trouble with front door sticking, otherwise lovely holiday home”
- “Well recommended”
- “Apart from one creaking bed our entire stay at Helmesdale was one of the most comfortable that we have experienced. We were 3 generations ranging from 9 to 80 & all facilities were available to us. A short walk to shops & harbour. Well situated for sightseeing too. Would certainly like to return.”
- “A thoroughly comfortable stay”
- “We found the cottage easily as we were using Sat Nav. The cottage was very comfortable with lots of home comforts. The decor was excellent and the furniture was great for us being larger ladies. The cottage is close to the shops in Seahouses. We found that the closes supermarket is in alnwick if you want to shop on the way in from the south. There is a Coop in the town but it has limited supplies of some foods. There are some good eating establishments. We recomend Pinnicles Fish and chips, the Ship Inn and The Spice Lounge if you like indian food. Further afield there is Bamburgh Castle to see. The Castle Inn has great food, go early it is popular. Lindisfarne is a great day out. Check the tides before you go they are displayed on the front at Seahouses. On the way you will pass the Barn at Beal another good place to eat. This is a great base for exploring. Don't forget to visit the Farne Islands by boat and take a trip to Ford Etal and see the estate there, ride a steam train and visit the mill. We had a great week at the cottage and can recommend it others. The only drawback was the owners supplied little information. Hope you have a great time.”
- “A relaxing comfortable place to stay.”
- “Spacious, comfortable bungalow. Owner welcoming by phone & said to contact him if any problems, (there weren't any.) Village in easy reach on foot, local people friendly. All basic needs met there. Boat trips to Farne islands. Plenty of good places to visit a short car drive away if you like peaceful & beautiful coastline & countryside. Looking forwards to another week there in the summer.”
- “Comfortable and Relaxing break”
- “A very good property that helped us relax in comfortable surroundings and was on one level. It was ideal for staying with my elderly mother who was quite infirm. It was very clean and had everything that we needed.”
- “Excellent location and accommodation.”
- “The service we received from Sykes Holiday Cottages was in my opinion efficient. The bungalow was very clean and also very spacious and suited our requirements it was also well furnished with plenty of wardrobe space for hanging clothes. The location was excellent as it was only a few minutes from the harbour and town centre which we liked very much. There was also room on the drive for the car which was very convenient.”
- “user friendly relaxing holiday home”
- “A well maintained beautifully decorated bungalow. The bungalow is a good size and is well equipped. There were four of us 2 of whom were disabled and the accomodation was excellent for everyone. t is situated close to amenities which makes getting around so easy. We wouldn't hesitate to reccomend this accomodation and would love to return ourselves.”
- “wonderful and easy”
- “the house has everything we wanted except clocks and thick curtains. it is spacious and close to everything we wanted to see. we really enjoyed our holiday.”
- “Cosy Cottage”
- “Great Location and very roomy cottage. Travelled with elderly parents with limited mobility and cottage met all their needs. Everything supplied as described in brochure. Nice quiet residential street within close proximity to shops/restaurants.”
- “This home has a beautifully presented interior. The inside is deceptively large, starting with a good hall on entry. Every room is well decorated and furnished, the furniture is very good and comfortable - particularly the beds which are very comfy!”
- “Liked Helmsdale very much, large and airy. Location was very good, very close to Seahouses. Well decorated and well appointed.”
About the location
Bamburgh 3 miles; Alnwick 10 miles.
A bustling, pretty fishing village with an attractive harbour, situated on the beautiful Northumbrian coast in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Seahouses offers a variety of shops and a good selection of inns, pubs and eating places. Nearby are miles and miles of splendid sandy beaches and the opportunity to visit the bird sanctuary or seal colony on the famous Farne Islands with boat trips running daily from Seahouses, is not to be missed. There are numerous castles and great houses to explore, such as the magnificent castles at Bamburgh, Cragside, and Alnwick (home of the Duke of Northumberland), to mention just a few. Golf, fishing and riding are also available locally.