- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This Grade II listed apartment was originally part of a typical Ludlow 15th century house.
Today the ground floor is Baker's of Tower Street restaurant and coffee house and above is this charming, character two storey apartment, which is ideally situated just a five minute walk from the heart of the famous medieval town centre.
This beautifully-presented apartment has a modern twist which enhances the character features of this old, charming building, such as the wealth of original oak beams, wall timbers and trusses which are complemented by the thoughtful and attractive decor throughout.
This welcoming apartment is the perfect accommodation for an all year round retreat near the centre of this wonderful medieval town with its vibrant markets and food festivals.
There are two beautifully-presented character bedrooms, a pleasant sitting room furnished with contemporary styling and a spacious dining kitchen, which has access to a private first floor open-air terrace, complete with table and chairs.
This stylish apartment is a superb base for enjoying the popular market town of Ludlow and its surrounding area.
There is a wide-ranging selection of activities to discover, including Stokesay Castle, the Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre, Acton Scott Historic Working Farm, the scenic Long Mynd and Caradoc Hills above Church Stretton, not to mention the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge, the Severn Valley Railway and days out in Shrewsbury and Hereford.
This superb apartment is in a wonderfully convenient location, ideal for a relaxing break in Ludlow, described by the poet John Betjeman as "the loveliest town in England".
Over first and second floors. Two bedrooms: 1 x second floor double, 1 x second floor twin. Second floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. First floor kitchen with dining area and French window to restaurant's dining terrace. First floor sitting room.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, Smart TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, PS3 with games, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Parking available in public car park 100 yards from property (cost £2.40 from 8am to 6pm, free overnight)
- Loading/unloading at front of property
- Private first floor dining terrace with furniture, accessed via French window in kitchen
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 mins walk
- Note: Apartment reached via 16-step internal stairway, it is part of a 15th century building and the stairway to the bedrooms is steep, therefore this property may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: 10% discount on all restaurant meals (weekdays only)
- Note: Restaurant shuts at 5pm Sunday to Thursday, 11pm Friday and Saturday
- Note: WiFi signal can be intermittent.
About the location
Church Stretton 15 miles; Hereford 25 miles; Shrewsbury 28 miles; Worcester 33 miles.
The historic medieval market town of Ludlow is situated on the River Teme, amongst the outstanding countryside of the Welsh Marches. With more than 500 listed buildings, Ludlow’s medieval street pattern remains almost intact and provides a fascinating backdrop for the town’s regular street markets, held in the shadow of the castle and showcasing a range of goods - from cheeses and fresh produce to books and local crafts. Ludlow is renowned for its shopping, with a number of antique and art and craft shops, along with excellent restaurants and numerous tea shops, pubs and inns. Ludlow Castle is over 900 years old and contains fascinating examples of architecture while below, the Millennium Green offers a large public riverside green and the popular Green Cafe. Ludlow is renowned for its food and drink festivals in spring and autumn, as well as the Medieval Christmas festival and Fringe Arts and Community festivals in the summer. Ludlow is within easy reach of Church Stretton, Shrewsbury and Hereford, as well as popular attractions such as World Heritage Site of Ironbridge Gorge, Severn Valley Railway, Berrington Hall and Cardingmill Valley. Ludlow is a superb destination for a relaxing all year round break.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute