- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Alkington Grange Barns
Alkington 1 mile. Four delightful, 17th century, brick-built barn conversions in a courtyard setting on a 100-acre family-run working arable and livestock farm, a few miles from Whitchurch. Whitchurch is known as the ‘Home of Tower Clocks’ and indeed, an example of a fine Tower Clock can be seen from the cottages. These four Whitchurch cottages have been lovingly converted to offer very welcoming holiday accommodation, retaining original features including exposed oak beams and trusses, whilst also offering modern fixtures and fittings to create a charming homely atmosphere. The front courtyard outside these Shropshire cottages boasts an impressive Georgian hay barn, now a shared undercover area for relaxing or enjoying a barbecue while young children play safely in the adjoining toddler's play area. These Whitchurch cottages share an indoor heated swimming pool, with time slots bookable for exclusive use. There is also an enclosed multi-use games area marked out for tennis, badminton and football, as well as farm walks and a woodland picnic area. Cyclists will appreciate the Mercian Cycle Path, which runs past the farm, while walkers can explore the Shropshire Union Canal, 15 minutes from these four delightful Shropshire cottages, plus the Shropshire Way runs through the farm. The nearest pub is 1.2 miles away, and enjoy Whitchurch, Hawkstone Follies with its wonderful walking and excellent golf course, the nine Ellesmere meres, Cheshire Ice Cream Farm, RAF Cosford, Ironbridge, Llangollen canal viaduct, Shrewsbury, Chester Zoo and more. A wonderful location for an enjoyable year-round holiday.
A large terraced cottage near Alkington, providing five bedrooms, one with an en-suite, and a spacious living area with woodburning stove.
An enclosed front garden makes a great spot for relaxing after swimming or for an evening drink.
An ideal Shropshire cottage for a family gathering.
Note: This cottage sits on the same site as Refs. 14919, 14921 and 14922.
Five bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x 4' double, 2 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room with snug area, TV/DVD and double day bed. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Two electric ovens, electric hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, coin-operated tumble dryer in shared drying room, 2 x TVs with Freeview, Blu-ray, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent, extra wood can be purchased from owners
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Please bring own pool towels
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Shared drying room/ bike storage
- Shared indoor heated swimming pool (by arrangement with owner), exclusive booking times available
- Enclosed multi-use games area
- Shared covered communal area with 2 BBQs and enclosed toddlers' play area with play house, toys etc
- Farm walks with woodland picnic area
- Enclosed front garden with patio, lawn and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1.2 miles
- Note: Max
- 1 infant under 2 years old
- Note: Children must be supervised at all times
- Note: WiFi 2MB max. speed due to rural location
- Note: The owner requires a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £150
About the location
Ellesmere 13 miles.
Known as Mediolanum in Roman times, today this delightful market town has many splendid buildings, from Medieval, Tudor and Georgian times, all dominated by St. Alkmund’s Church. Internationally renowned for its clock production dating back to the 1650s, Whitchurch is known as "the Home of Tower Clocks". There are many excellent shops, pubs and restaurants in the town which is perfectly placed for touring all of Shropshire, North Wales and Cheshire. Close by are attractions such as Ellesmere with its beautiful lakes, a variety of National Trust mansions and gardens, Chester’s wonderful shops and zoo, Hawkstone Follies, the Ironbridge Gorge museums and lovely Shrewsbury with its medieval architecture and riverside walks.
Note: Max. 1 infant under 2 years old.
- Last minute