- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Alkington Grange Barns
Alkington 1 mile. Four delightful, 17th century, brick-built barn conversions in a courtyard setting on a 100-acre family-run working arable and livestock farm, a few miles from Whitchurch. Whitchurch is known as the ‘Home of Tower Clocks’ and indeed, an example of a fine Tower Clock can be seen from the cottages. These four Whitchurch cottages have been lovingly converted to offer very welcoming holiday accommodation, retaining original features including exposed oak beams and trusses, whilst also offering modern fixtures and fittings to create a charming homely atmosphere. The front courtyard outside these Shropshire cottages boasts an impressive Georgian hay barn, now a shared undercover area for relaxing or enjoying a barbecue while young children play safely in the adjoining toddler's play area. These Whitchurch cottages share an indoor heated swimming pool, with time slots bookable for exclusive use. There is also an enclosed multi-use games area marked out for tennis, badminton and football, as well as farm walks and a woodland picnic area. Cyclists will appreciate the Mercian Cycle Path, which runs past the farm, while walkers can explore the Shropshire Union Canal, 15 minutes from these four delightful Shropshire cottages, plus the Shropshire Way runs through the farm. The nearest pub is 1.2 miles away, and enjoy Whitchurch, Hawkstone Follies with its wonderful walking and excellent golf course, the nine Ellesmere meres, Cheshire Ice Cream Farm, RAF Cosford, Ironbridge, Llangollen canal viaduct, Shrewsbury, Chester Zoo and more. A wonderful location for an enjoyable year-round holiday.
A semi-detached cottage near Alkington, Whitchurch. Cosy, character bedrooms, one with an en-suite, and a spacious sitting room with woodburning stove. The enclosed front garden is perfect for dining alfresco and relaxing after an enjoyable swim. Note: This cottage sits on the same site as Refs. 14920, 14921 and 14922.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x 4' double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove. Shared heated indoor swimming pool.
Oil central heating with woodburning stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, coin-operated tumble dryer in shared drying room, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent, extra wood can be purchased from owners. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Please bring own pool towels. Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request. Off road parking for 3 cars. Shared drying room/bike storage. Shared indoor heated swimming pool (by arrangement with owner), exclusive booking times available. Enclosed multi-use games area. Shared covered communal area with 2 BBQs and enclosed toddlers' play area with play house, toys etc. Farm walks and woodland picnic area. Enclosed front garden with patio, lawn and furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome, due to farm location, please keep on lead when outside the garden. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 2 miles, pub 1.2 miles. Note: Max. 1 infant under 2 years old. Note: Children must be supervised at all times. Note: WiFi 2MB max. speed due to rural location. Note: The owner requires a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £150.
Note: Max. 1 infant under 2 years old.
- Last minute
- “Great cottage in the country”
- “We stayed there for the weekend with our son his girlfriend our granddaughter and our daughter for a birthday weekend. We were surprised by how good the accommodation was and in such a remote quiet area of the countryside. We are planning a week later this year so impressed with the place.”
- “The cottage was a good size, and very comfortable and well equipped. There were games, books and plenty of tourist information. The swimming pool was lovely and the booking system very easy. The owners were friendly and helpful, it was a very relaxing short break.”
- “Liked the calm and beautiful settings of the barn and the swimming pool.”
- “A beautiful place with great facilities & very welcoming helpful hosts. Would love to return. Very happy holidaymakers.”
- “Spacious, comfortable accommodation with comfy beds. In a clean environment with good walks nearby.”
- “Good location. We were a family of grandparents, mum and dad and 18 mth toddler and found plenty to occupy our time in the reasonably near vicinity. The pool was an added bonus; always warm and very clean and the scheduling arrangements between the 4 cottages ensured that each cottage had 2 one hour slots per day - this was great.”
- “Great taste shown by the owners. Really well equipped. Exceptional. Swimming pool clean, modern and ideal for kids.”
- “A lovely cottage and pool, really helped me relax after the stresses of work. There was space for teenagers to play tennis and enjoy the setting. Really nice touches such as games and puzzles made it an even nicer place to be, imagine 2 teenagers sat doing a jigsaw! Music in the pool was great, made swimming even more enjoyable. It was beautiful, well equipped and very comfortable. In a lovely quiet setting.”
- “The cottage was in a peaceful rural location. Accommodation was to a high standard and the pool was a welcome addition.”
- “A lovely cottage and we were greeted with a very warm welcome plus a scrummy box of biscuits - a nice touch! There was a great play area for toddlers and it was easy to book a slot at the swimming pool, which was very clean.”
- “Very clean and spacious with a great little swimming pool.”
About the location
Ellesmere 13 miles.
Known as Mediolanum in Roman times, today this delightful market town has many splendid buildings, from Medieval, Tudor and Georgian times, all dominated by St. Alkmund’s Church. Internationally renowned for its clock production dating back to the 1650s, Whitchurch is known as "the Home of Tower Clocks". There are many excellent shops, pubs and restaurants in the town which is perfectly placed for touring all of Shropshire, North Wales and Cheshire. Close by are attractions such as Ellesmere with its beautiful lakes, a variety of National Trust mansions and gardens, Chester’s wonderful shops and zoo, Hawkstone Follies, the Ironbridge Gorge museums and lovely Shrewsbury with its medieval architecture and riverside walks.