- Hot tub
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Washing machine
A luxury detached timber lodge, situated on the prestigious, award-winning Beaconsfield Holiday Park, four miles from the centre of Shrewsbury.
This single-storey Shrewsbury cottage is perfect for an adults-only holiday in a superb area.
Inside this Shrewsbury cottage there is a welcoming open plan living area with a fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area, along with two lovely king-size double bedrooms, one of which boasts an en-suite shower room, and the separate bathroom has a double-ended bath.
Open the patio doors and step onto a raised deck where you will find a wonderful, private hot tub, or you may just wish to enjoy a drink in the evening sun.
Beaconsfield Holiday Park offers an excellent heated indoor swimming pool, steam room, coffee shop, restaurant and fishing opportunities, plus within easy driving distance of this Shropshire holiday home are the towns of Shrewsbury, Church Stretton and Ludlow, whilst Ironbridge, with its ten museums, is well worth a visit.
This cottage near Shrewsbury is the perfect base to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin & WC, 1 x king-size double. Bathroom with double-ended bath, hand shower, basin & WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area & sitting area leading to deck & hot tub.
- Gas central heating
- Gas oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, full laundry service for guests on site, wall-mounted 32'' flat screen TV, Freeview, DVD, WiFi access in on-site coffee shop
- Fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Use of indoor heated swimming pool (40'x20') & steam room at £3 per adult
- Off road parking beside lodge for 1 car
- Private hot tub on deck, plus furniture & views over lawn and fishing pond
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 1 mile
- Restaurant (booking advisable) & coffee shop on site
- Note: Over 21s only
- Note: No stag/hen
- Note: Swimming pool session times & fees apply, course fishing at £5 per rod per day, pamper packs available, contact office for further details
- Note: Refundable Good Housekeeping bond charged at £75 per couple
- Note: Short Breaks available (4 night Monday start or 3 night Friday start only) at 65% of the weekly rental, except during Band A when breaks charged at £310
- Note: Seven night breaks starting Friday, Saturday or Monday available all year round
- Note: This property operates a strict check-in time of between 4pm and 7pm.
Note: Over 21s only and no children allowed.
Note: Due to local licensing laws, commercial vehicles are not permitted on this site.
- “such a lovely place”
- “On arrival at the lodge everything so meat and tidy and clean. Fresh flowers and bottle of wine which was nice. Enjoyed our stay ,only downfall was the traffic noise.”
- “Excellent Short Break”
- “We have just returned today from 'Callow Lodge' and we must admit we thoroughly enjoyed our short stay at the Lodge. Facilities impeccable. The site itself was very peaceful The staff are all very friendly both on site and at the 'The Bothy Restaurant'' - At the restaurant there was enough food served to feed an army so well worth every penny. Would recommend the lodge to anyone and we will certainly be visiting again - thank you again for a lovely stay Di n Dave”
- “Can never be forgoten”
- “A very ideal place to spend some romantic time with someone you love”
- “Nice Relaxing Break”
- “We stayed at the Lodge for three nights. It is located on Beaconsfield Farm Park, which is a mixture of caravans and the lodges, which are set around a lake. The property was very clean and warm. The private hot tub on the deck outside was lovely, and very novel in cold and frosty weather. We used the swimming pool and steam room (extra charge) which were excellent. The lodge is very well situated for exploring the Shropshire area. As mentioned in a previous review, the lodge is right by the busy A49, and the railway line, which were both noisy, so if you like to sleep with the window open, it is worth taking earplugs. Make sure you visit the Dog in the Lane pub is nearby Astley, which is a two mile walk away, and well worth a visit.”
- “A great weekend break.”
- “A very comfortable cottage, set in a convenient location for Shrewsbury and the surrounding areas. The only thing that we were slightly unhappy with was the proximity of the other cottages and the road noise from the a49. Having said this though, we had a great time and are considering booking another long weekend here.”
- “Fantastic stay with a little bit of luxury”
- “Myself and my girlfriend visited the callow lodge in sept for a long weekend and were pleasantly surprised with the facilities both in the lodge and at the site. Being an adults only site was very good as the site was more relaxed and not packed out. Facilities within the lodge were very good and particularly the use of the private hot tub. The only downside I could possibly mention is the site didn't take credit/debit cards only cash which when they required £70 deposit + when we went out to eat at the on site restaurant which also required cash meant we required multiple trips out off site for cash.”
- “We liked the lodge and the park was well-kept. Lots to do in and around Shrewsbury.”
- “We had a lovely holiday. Great location and not too far from the shops.”
- “We loved how quiet and peaceful the location was.”
- “The overall quality and detail of the lodge ensured we had a lovely and relaxed time.”
- “What a relaxing week spent in the Callow Lodge, very convenient for the numerous attractions around the area.”
- “We had a very relaxed and an enjoyable holiday in the Callow Lodge, we would certainly come again. The hot tub was a great addition and well used. The overall experience couldn't be faulted and we loved that there were no children around while we were there.”
- “The hot tub on the deck! We made use of this every day. The reception and general staff were very helpful, the site owners were extremely courteous and nothing was too much trouble for them. They gave us lots of information about the surrounding areas.”
- “The staff are very professional, friendly and helpful. The grounds are well maintained and the holiday park is beautiful and relaxing. We had a fantastic relaxed stay.”
- “It was exactly what we were looking for, tranquillity! Had a very relaxed feel even in the communal parts of the park, the entire experience was wonderful. It was close to a handful of places you could grab a bite to eat. The lodge had a very welcoming feel, modern with a feel of homely comfort. Fab.”
- “An absolutely fantastic place; a beautiful setting with very friendly and helpful staff. The cabin was clean, luxurious, warm and comfortable and it was fantastic to be able to bring our dog with us.”
- “It was so relaxing and a lovely place. Really enjoyed the fact we could just jump in the hot tub and it was private.”
- “Nice area with plenty to do. Good transport into Shrewsbury. Very well maintained clean campsite.”
About the location
BEACONSFIELD HOLIDAY PARK
Shrewsbury Park and Ride 1.5 miles; Ironbridge 11 miles; Much Wenlock 12 miles.
The Rose Award, 5 Pennant AA winning, 50-acre Beaconsfield Farm Holiday Park is exclusively for adults of 25 and over. This prestigious park nestles in scenic Shropshire countryside, 4 miles from Shrewsbury centre, one of England's most picturesque Tudor towns. On the park, you can enjoy an indoor heated swimming pool, steam room and coffee shop, relax in the Bothy Restaurant with full a-la-carte menu, or enjoy a day's coarse fishing. This is perfect for unwinding and re-charging those batteries, whilst being only 1.5 miles from the park & ride into medieval Shrewsbury. The town offers a superb selection of shops, along with cafes, bars, restaurants and pubs. Visit NT's stately Attingham Park, Wroxeter Roman City, the museums at Ironbridge, the castle and Michelin starred restaurants of Ludlow, or Stokesay Castle. A wonderful year-round location for enjoying those little luxuries in life.