“Wonderful”Our recent stay at School House was wonderful. A relaxing family holiday and the property fulfilled all our expectations again as this is our second visit ...
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
A magnificent detached Grade II listed stone-built house situated in a lovely rural position in the hamlet of Bradnop, less than 1 mile from the Peak District National Park.
The property, which offers its own private hot tub, has been modernised to offer spacious accommodation in which you'll feel right at home.
Many original features have been carefully retained including beams, exposed stone walls and fireplaces.
There is an enclosed garden at the front of the property and a safe croft area to the rear - ideal for ball games etc.
A great base for a large family, or group of friends, to get away from it all.
On three floors. Six bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double, 2 x double (one with en-suite shower room, basin and WC), 3 x twin (one on second floor with low sloping ceiling). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Superb and well-equipped fitted kitchen adjoining spacious dining area. Large sitting room with feature inglenook fireplace and woodburning stove. Laundry room. Outbuilding for bike storage.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric cooker with double oven, microwave, integral fridge and stand alone fridge/freezer in utility room, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, TV, video
- Oil, electricity and initial supply of fuel for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair on request
- Enclosed front garden with hot tub, garden furniture and BBQ
- Croft to rear
- Ample off road parking
- One well-behaved pet
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: Check in time is 4pm
- Note: No hen/stag
- Note: Depending on previous booking, hot tub may not always be at full temperature on arrival, please contact owner for more information
About the location
Leek 2 miles; Hartington 6 miles; Buxton 11 miles.
The small and pretty rural hamlet of Bradnop is situated on the western edge of the Peak District National Park close to Leek, with its antiques shops, and within easy driving distance of the market towns of Buxton and Ashbourne. Nearby is superb walking with Dovedale, the beautiful Manifold Valley, and the popular Manifold Cycle Track all within easy reach. There are lots of pretty villages to explore close by, many with good pubs. Alton Towers is less than 15 minutes' drive away.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute