- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful little end-terrace Peak District cottage, situated in the heart of the village of Furness Vale in the High Peak.
Cosy and welcoming throughout, this Furness Vale cottage is just the place for couples to spend that much-deserved time together.
In an elevated position, this Furness Vale cottage is perfectly situated for the amenities of the village, and from the garden you can watch the locals playing on the bowling green.
Furness Vale offers an array of amenities, with some excellent village pubs and shops which attract people from all over the High Peak.
The Peak Forest Canal runs through the village and there is also a working railway station with regular trains to Buxton and Manchester.
Visit the town of New Mills with the Torrs Riverside Park, head to the Torrs Millennium Walkway, a much-admired bridge set deep in the gorge, stroll the grounds of NT Lyme Park (of TV's Pride and Prejudice fame) or spend the afternoon in Chapel-en-le-Frith, with its cobbled market place and historic old stocks.
A wonderful Furness Vale cottage for a cosy, romantic stay in this part of the Peak District.
One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room.
Gas central heating. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking on first come, first served basis. Rear patio and lawned area with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 mins walk. Note: This property is accessed at the rear by a paved path. Note: No children under 2 years old.
Note: No children under 2 years old.
- “Lovely cottage”
- “We loved this cosy cottage. It felt very welcoming and was comfortable. We would stay here again except trying to park was virtually impossible anywhere close by. Highly recommend the cottage.”
- “The accommodation was comfortable and convenient. The area has a lot of easy walks along the canals.”
- “The situation of the cottage was what I wanted; in a village which has a good pub with eating facilities and a railway station, yet within walking distance of moorland. The cottage itself is compact, comfortable and pleasant to use.”
- “Always enjoy the very comfortable feeling the cottage gives. Felt like being at home.”
- “The location was ideal for touring the west side of the Peak District.”
- “It is a lovely cottage which is very well equipped and beautifully furnished and decorated in a nice village setting, close to spectacular scenery and interesting places to visit whatever the weather.”
- “The cottage was very cosy and lovely to come back to at the end of each day. Very well equipped and had everything we needed.”
- “The house was very well equipped, nicely furnished and the large bath towels provided were very good. The location was ideal for exploring the Peak District, and the railway station to Manchester and beyond was just a few minutes walk from the house. Also an excellent Chinese restaurant at the end of the road.”
About the location
Chapel-en-le-Frith 6 miles.
Furness Vale is a little village on the borders of North West Derbyshire and Cheshire, an area known as the High Peak, near the Derbyshire Peak District. The village has a range of amenities including pubs, a village Post Office and a fish and chip shop. Some excellent walks and cycle trails are on the doorstep, and close by is the little town of New Mills with the Torrs Riverside Park (‘the park under the town’) - a place for recreation and relaxation. The Torrs Millennium Walkway, a much-admired bridge, is set deep in the gorge and attracts many visitors, while Chapel-en-le-Frith, the ‘Capital of the Peaks’, is only 6 miles away, boasting a cobbled market place and historic old stocks. Within easy driving distance is the delightful spa town of Buxton, famous not only for its therapeutic spring water, but also for its Pavillion Gardens and splendid Victorian Opera House, which boasts a variety of shows, attracting people from all over the world. Within easy driving distance are the Blue John show caves at Castleton, the Chestnut Centre Otter & Owl Sanctuary, and many stately homes such as Chatsworth House and NT Lyme Park. An ideal base for exploring the whole of the Peak District.