- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful, semi-detached 17th century cottage set in the beautiful village of Grinshill, eight miles from Shrewsbury. With much of its original character still present, this charming black and white cottage in Grinshill exudes a traditional and warm atmosphere, and provides the perfect retreat for families and friends eager to discover this attractive part of Shropshire. Boasting character beams, wall timbers and two lovely woodburners, one set within an impressive, original inglenook fireplace crafted from local Grinshill stone, guests are sure to enjoy a taste of Shropshire's history during their break at this Grinshill cottage. With immaculate presentation throughout, this Grinshill cottage offers three bedrooms, one with en-suite facilities, a kitchen with a socialising area, a dining room, a beautiful sitting room and a separate snug, ideal for curling up with a book. Outside is a pretty, flourishing garden, offering seating areas for outdoor summer feasts. The village boasts a lovely inn, which is just two minutes' walk from your Grinshill cottage. Serving food and fine ales, you will be warmly welcomed here after walking to the nearby summit of Grinshill, which provides stunning, panoramic views of the glorious countryside surroundings. Excellent walking and cycling routes can be found in the beautiful rolling countryside nearby, and the striking Ellesmere Lakes are within easy reach, offering wonderful watersports, walks and picturesque scenery perfect for picnics. A lovely, romantic Grinshill cottage, ideal for a Shropshire holiday at any time of the year.
Three bedrooms: 2 x king-size double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin. Bathroom with roll-top bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with social area. Dining room. Sitting room with woodburner. Snug with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburners
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine in shower room, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi
- Oil and electricity inc. in rent
- Logs for woodburner can be purchased 1 mile away
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front lawned garden with gravelled areas, patio, pond and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: There is a small, unfenced pond in the garden, children to be supervised
- Note: The stairs are steep and varied
- Note: There is a partial rope handrail leading to the twin bedroom
- Note: There are 3 single, spaced external steps leading to the property entrance
- Alternatively walk the few yards back up the lane and enter by the smaller of the green gates.
About the location
Shrewsbury 8 miles; Oswestry 17 miles; Iron Bridge 21 miles.
The picturesque village of Grinshill rests eight miles from Shrewsbury at the foot of the steeply sloping hill and Corbet Wood. Grinshill, with its view points of surrounding countryside, boasts wonderfully scenic walks and cycle routes, graced by stunning views of the nearby Hawkstone Park, Shropshire Hills and Welsh mountain peaks. This beautiful area is famous for its ancient mines and natural stone production, and is a worldwide discovery site for dozens of Megaliths, dating as far back as 7000 BC. Historic Shrewsbury, located in the loop of the River Severn, boasts a wealth of timber-framed, black and white buildings housing a fine selection of shops, restaurants and pubs. Shrewsbury Abbey, founded in 1083 and Shrewsbury Castle, an impressive building set in beautiful gardens and housing the Shropshire Regimental Museum, is well worth a visit, as is Iron Bridge via the National Trust's Attingham Park. A delightful holiday location at any time of the year.