- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
Links Green Chalets
Hinstock 1 mile. These two detached timber chalets are set in the owners' 4 acres of grounds, within a rural location on the edge of the attractive village of Hinstock in North Shropshire. These two Hinstock holiday chalets make an excellent alternative to more traditional Shropshire cottages with both properties providing open plan living areas, which are light and airy and well equipped with modern furnishings. Outside, both of these Hinstock cottages offer a private decked area, which is perfect for dining alfresco or simply relaxing whilst watching the owners' Jacob sheep and horses in the evening sun. There is plenty to see and do throughout Shropshire including many National Trust properties and gardens, the Ironbridge World Heritage Site and the Blists Hill Victorian Town, Wroxeter Roman City and the renowned Cosford Royal Air Force Museum. The medieval towns of Shrewsbury and Ludlow are also well worth a visit and the beautiful South Shropshire Hills boast wonderful scenic walks. These two Shropshire chalets are an ideal retreat for a small family or a couple.
This detached Shropshire holiday chalet is situated in a rural location, within driving distance of Market Drayton. This Hinstock cottage offers an attractive and spacious open plan living area with a wall-mounted electric fire and two bedrooms, with one boasting an en-suite shower room. Open the French doors onto a decked area where you can enjoy a cold drink after a busy day exploring the area. This Shropshire holiday chalet is an ideal base, at any time of year. Note: This property can be booked with Ref. 19308 and together they can accommodate 9 people.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin (zip/link - can be super king-size double on request). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with raised fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- LPG central heating with electric fire
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private front decked area and side lawn, furniture, BBQ and views over 4 acres of paddocks
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 2 miles
- Note: Although all ground floor, there is a step up from sitting area to kitchen
- Note: Please keep dogs under control when outside chalet due to sheep in nearby paddocks
- “Didn't want to leave.”
- “We have just got back from a week in Oak Lodge. We were met by Carol who owns the lodge she made us very welcome, anything we wanted or needed we just had to ask, she introduced us to the two horses in the paddock who are very friendly Jack an ex racehorse and Bo a rescue pony. The lodge is in a very lovely rural area only a few mins from the village. The lodge is very clean and modern and has everything you need for a perfect holiday. The surrounding area has lots of places to visit. I highly recommend the lodge and would go back again.”
- “great place”
- “this holiday let was really good . It was slightly difficult to find but it was well worth it. The accommodation was excellent and there was everything you needed apart from a washing machine but we took plenty of clothes so that didn't bother us. .We also took our 2 dogs and they both loved the area and the field where the accommodation sits. There are plenty of places to visit and the locals are very friendly as are the owners who are really friendly and will do everything they can to ensure a good time .There was no wifi and only free view on the tv but it was a very relaxing holiday with no interuptions”
- “Peaceful, Relaxing and plenty to do in the area”
- “This wasn't our first choice, unfortunately that was filthy and we couldn't stay there, but in some respects they did us a favour as Oak Lodge was poles apart and the owners are so friendly and accommodating making the long and disappointing day a little more bearable to deal with. The property is situated on a 6 acre field surrounded by braying horses and wildlife the perfect place for a peaceful and relaxing break. There is plenty to do in and around the area and we would certainly visit again”
- “I'd stay again”
- “Spacious, well furnished and friendly owners that popped in for a chat. Only the rain was an issue. If ever we go back to Shropshire, we would definitely stay here again.”
- “We stayed at Oak Lodge with our two sons, I would really recommend the lodge if you have young children, they have so much space to play. The pictures do not do the garden justice! It is a great alternative to a cottage or caravan and I liked that there was only one other lodge which meant it was very peaceful. The Lodge is also in a great location for visiting other places. I would definitely book again.”
- “Quiet, relaxing, good retreat, peaceful; thoroughly enjoyable time away.”
- “This is our second visit to this property and would definitely return again. It is a lovely quiet location with good road networks to local towns and villages. A big thank you to the owners who go out of their way and work hard to ensure that everything is OK, clean and tidy and ensure your stay is a pleasant one. The cabin is dog friendly and there is more than ample room and storage in the Lodge.”
- “Owners of the property were very friendly and accommodating. A lovely lodge which was well laid out. Our dogs loved it too.”
- “We both loved the location of this holiday let as it was so peaceful and very relaxing. The owners were lovely.”
- “The accommodation was excellent, and the owners are very nice people.”
- “The lodge is in a lovely quiet setting, ideal if you want to get away from everything - including the phone and internet. It was in a good setting for our dog with lots of space and grass to run around on.”
- “Could not fault cottage, will be back again. Lovely owners.”
- “Had a brilliant New Years break. Was just what we were after. Have stayed in many lodges and we all agreed that this was the best one yet. A real break away in lovely accommodation with a real homely feel. The owners really looked after us and made sure all was OK for us.”
About the location
Market Drayton 5 miles; Shrewsbury 20 miles.
Hinstock is a small North Shropshire village situated 5 miles from the attractive town of Market Drayton. Hinstock is surrounded by lovely countryside and is located close to the River Tern and the Shropshire Union Canal. The village offers the majestic St. Oswald church, a shop, tennis courts, playground and the Quarry Wood Nature Reserve. Nearby Market Drayton is renowned for hosting one of the liveliest weekly markets you will find, and the town centre boasts many 16th and 17th century half-timbered buildings, including a variety of pubs, restaurants and tea rooms. Only 11 miles from Market Drayton is Whitchurch, a delightful town, which is internationally renowned for its clock production dating back to the 1650s, and home to many splendid buildings, from Medieval, Tudor and Georgian times, all dominated by St. Alkmund's Church. Close by is Ellesmere with its beautiful nine meres (lakes), a variety of National Trust mansions and gardens including; Attingham, Hodnet Hall and Hawkstone Park, Wroxeter Roman City, the World Heritage Site Ironbridge Gorge with its famous museums, Cosford RAF museum and the medieval towns of Shrewsbury and Ludlow.