- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Marple Bridge 1 mile.
This delightful detached, stone-fronted dormer bungalow is one of eight residential properties situated on a family-owned working dairy farm, one mile from the village of Marple Bridge, on the edge of the Peak District National Park.
With views of the countryside, including Kinder Scout and on a clear day the Welsh hills, this Marple Bridge cottage makes an ideal retreat for a family or group of friends who wish to explore the Peak District or the pretty villages and towns nearby.
Your cottage near Marple Bridge offers stripped wooden floors throughout, three welcoming bedrooms, with one on the ground floor and one boasting an en-suite shower room and a separate bathroom with roll-top bath.
This Peak District cottage has an open plan living area with a kitchen, dining area and sitting area with a cosy woodburning stove, which is an ideal place to sit on a winter evening, whilst enjoying a warm drink.
Also at this Marple Bridge cottage is a second sitting room and French doors that lead out onto a patio and lawned garden, from where you can dine alfresco after a day out and about.
Marple Bridge has three pubs, a coffee shop and an artisan bakery/patisserie, plus the area is popular with walkers, cyclists and horse riders.
Also in the area are the towns of Chapel-en-le-Frith, which is known as the Capital of the Peaks and Buxton with its opera house and Pavillion Gardens.
The stunning Peak District National Park with many walks and cycle routes and in the other direction, the city of Manchester with its museums, art galleries, theatres and shopping centre are well worth exploring.
An excellent Marple Bridge cottage in an area that has something for everyone.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double with basin and WC, 1 x ground floor double sleigh bed. Ground floor bathroom with roll-top bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. Second sitting room (seats 2). Utility.
Oil central heating with woodburning stove. Oil AGA, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent, extra wood can be purchased from owner. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request. Off road parking for 3 cars. Lawned gardens with patio, furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1 mile. Note: The first floor bedrooms have low ceilings. Note: Due to the rural location, the WiFi connection and speed can be poor. Note: Children need to be supervised when in gardens.
- Last minute
- “Lovely , Warm, Cosy,clean and extremely comfortable accomodation”
- “Great Cottage, warm, cosy, clean and extremely clean and well looked after. The owners were very friendly and had a delicious carrot cake and wine waiting for us on arrival. Situated on a dairy farm with great country air and picturesque views. Close access to other scenic sites and easy distance to Stockport and Manchester via car or train from Marple. Lots of great eateries close by. Had an unforgettable stay. Maurie and Paula”
- “Marple cottage is a home from home. Every room is tastefully decorated and furnished. When we had snow during our stay we were happy to light the wood burner and snuggle down for the day. The aga was a delight. It was quiet at night, private and close to both city and country.”
- “We had a very enjoyable stay at Kitty's. The cottage is comfortable, clean and very well equipped.”
- “Loved everything! A wonderful cottage, truly a home from home, we couldn't have asked for anything better. It was clean, comfy, well equipped, with super comfy beds and bedding, and was quiet. The AGA was incredible to cook on, we usually eat out but it was a real pleasure cooking every night!”
- “One of the nicest holiday homes I have stayed in. The owners were friendly and helpful. Our holiday there was just perfect.”
- “We had a wonderful time at Kitty's - a very convenient situation for just about everything, but still enjoying the peace and quiet of the position on a dairy farm. The cottage was immaculate, very well furnished, with a wonderful dining kitchen (with Aga) and great bathroom facilities. The excellent central heating was a blessing as we had everything from sunshine to snow during our vacation! I would have no hesitation in recommending Kitty's Cottage to anyone and if we are ever in the UK again, we would certainly book this cottage.”
- “The cottage is really beautiful and it is in a very quiet and peacefully area. The house is big, well furnished and nicely decorated. I liked the kitchen with the big window and the interesting Aag cooker. Very comfortable that every room has its own bathroom.”
- “It was in a lovely quiet location but a short drive away from lots of things to see/do. Accommodation was wonderful, more like staying in someone's own home due to the level of care and attention given to everything you might need, rather than a holiday rental.”
- “We have stayed at Kittys before. The cottage is perfect for a relaxing break. The owners are very welcoming and the extra touches of flowers, cake and wine etc., are extremely thoughtful. We would certainly recommend this cottage to family and friends.”
- “This is our second time staying at Kitty's and our stay was just as good as the first! The owners are lovely and very helpful. Kitty's is very comfortable and cozy and the scenery is just beautiful! We will definitely be back!”
- “The property was like a home from home - warm comfortable and plenty of room. There was lots of lovely walks in the area and we also visited local attractions. The owners of the property were friendly and gave lots of advice about local walks etc.”
- “The house was very cosy and well furnished, we felt very much at home and had a wonderful stay. Everything was very child friendly and the hospitality was fantastic.”
- “The house was really cosy, with everything we needed for a girls get together. The beds were comfy, rooms were spacious and there were plenty of bathrooms available. The lovely countryside is on your doorstep!”
- “The cottage was great and the owner really welcoming and friendly. Located on a farm with lovely views, the cottage has recently been renovated and furnished to a high standard. There are great places to eat nearby and it is convenient for Manchester and walking in the Peak District. Marple Locks are worth a visit.”
About the location
Buxton 15 miles; Manchester 13 miles.
The village of Marple Bridge is situated on the edge of the Peak District National Park and is close to the Derbyshire border and the city of Manchester. Marple Bridge offers three pubs, all of which serve food, a coffee shop and an artisan bakery/patisserie, which is also a coffee shop by day and a restaurant at night. The Roman Lakes in the village are popular with fishermen, walkers, cyclists and horse-riders. You can access the canal between the town of Marple and Marple Bridge and walk to Disley where you will find the National Trust owned Lyme Park. From the village take the train to Manchester and within half an hour you can experience all the history, theatre, shopping and dining that this major city has to offer. You can also take the train to Edale and walk back, which offers a great day out for keen walkers, plus there are several golf courses nearby. The spa town of Buxton is 15 miles away and is well worth visiting and within driving distance are Chatsworth House, Holmfirth, Castleton, the Goyt Valley and the Blue John Mines. Marple Bridge is an ideal destination for countryside pursuits, a city escape or for exploring the lovely villages and towns nearby.