- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Sutton 2.8 miles. A cosy, semi-detached cottage in a wonderful rural location, surrounded by fantastic Peak District countryside, on the owner’s working sheep farm a few miles from Sutton, 10 miles from Buxton. This Peak District cottage is ideal for getting away from it all, with wonderful uninterrupted countryside views and a footpath running straight through the farm. Offering lots of charm, the interior of this Peak District cottage has exposed beams, comfortable bedrooms and cosy accommodation with those wonderful countryside views. This Peak District cottage makes a lovely base for couples or families to enjoy this part of the Peaks. There is excellent walking from the door of this Peak District cottage, close to the Staffordshire Moorlands and the Cheshire Plains along with the hills of the Peak District. Cyclists at this Peak District cottage will love the hills and challenges of nearby routes, and everyone will enjoy relaxing in the garden and taking in the fantastic views. A lovely Peak District cottage for a relaxing break.
Two bedrooms, both with countryside views: 1 x double, 1 x adult bunks. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, beams and country views.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven, microwave, fridge
- Washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer in shared utility
- TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lawned garden with furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “We loved the peace and quiet, we were made very welcome with a lovely cake and flowers. The outlook was outstanding across the peaks.”
- “It was a lovely, lovely farm setting. Very sweet cottage with beautiful gardens and just beyond our backyard the sheep and lambs were grazing in the fields. The owners are very accommodating, friendly and helpful with directions, ideas for hikes and great pubs with fantastic food. Truly a wonderful place with endless walks and hikes right outside your back door.”
- “Friendly welcoming hosts. Peaceful rural setting. Tea and cake on arrival. Our dog was very happy there.”
- “A beautiful, peaceful location and a warm welcome from lovely owners. The cottage was cosy, comfortable and compact; just what we were looking for as an easy place to stay near relatives over Christmas. There are lovely walks from the doorstep, with some good local pubs and restaurants within easy reach. We were sad not to have had enough time to explore the industrial heritage sites in Macclesfield, which looked really interesting, so we will just have to come back in the future!”
About the location
SUTTON NEAR MACCLESFIELD
Macclesfield 5 miles; Buxton 10 miles.
The Cheshire hamlet of Sutton is set amidst lovely countryside on the edge of the Peak District National Park, and offers much in the way of walking. There is access from the area around Sutton to many networking footpaths, along with many moorland paths. Cyclists are also well catered for, with some challenging hill routes, as well as the Peak District cycle centres of Tissington or the High Peak Trail. Nearby are some family friendly pubs, and within easy reach of Sutton are the towns of Macclesfield, Congleton and Buxton. With the rest of the Peak District National Park within easy reach, and a variety of historic houses, pretty villages, Alton Towers theme park and much more in the area, this is a great Peak District base.