- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Three delightful barn conversions with fabulous countryside views, on a peaceful former working 17th century farm in Meerbrook, 4 miles from the market town of Leek. A skilful conversion of traditional honeystone buildings, these fantastic cottages seamlessly blend original character and contemporary styling with exposed beams, underfloor heating, open fires and en-suite facilities, offering comfortable, spacious living. Enjoy fantastic walking on the nearby Roaches and the greater peak area. The wildlife reserve of Tittesworth Reservoir with visitor centre is nearby, and the area offers excellent walking and cycling, plus Alton Towers is only a short drive away. Three superb Peak District cottages, a magnificent holiday retreat.
A detached, stone barn conversion, with breathtaking views, offering a wealth of character and style.
Lovely sitting room, large dining area, en-suite facilities, open fire and beams.
One of three cottages, this property is next to Refs.
3564 and 3565, together they sleep 33.
Six bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and, WC, 1 x twin and 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single (both share Jack-and-Jill en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC), 1 x ground floor family room with 3 singles, 1 x ground floor double. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Large kitchen. Spacious sitting room with dining area and open fire.
- Gas central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and open fire
- Electric range cooker and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, radio/CD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Private lawned garden and patio with furniture and BBQ
- Ample off road parking
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Due to rural location, WiFi can be intermittent.
- Last minute
- “fantastic holiday!”
- “Beautiful building in a beautiful spot. The kitchen is very well stocked and the property has a great communal room for everyone to socialise. Great heating system, very warm throughout and plenty of hot water whenever required. The park at the nearby reservoir was excellent for the children. We would definitely recommend and return, thanks for a great holiday!”
- “Absolutely beautiful”
- “We rented The Rindle along with the other 2 barns at the same location for my 40th birthday weekend and everyone was thrilled with them. Very high quality accomodation in a fantastic location. The open plan living area was perfect for a big get-together, and all three barns were really well equipped. Can't recommend these barns highly enough - all my friends were asking for the details with a view to returning wth family or friends. The owner was lovely and there's the added bonus of a great pub just a few minutes walk away (The Lazy Trout).”
- “Amazing holiday”
- “The accommodation is spacious with plenty of rom for all the family ( and the odd stray chicken) . We had a lovely holiday 4 kids and 6 adults”
- “Perfect for a large family or friends get-together!”
- “We arrived to a very warm welcome by the owners, together with a box of chocolates and a bottle of wine. It was the perfect barn for our family of ten adults and a 2 year old. Comfortable seating for all and the open plan aspect meant we were all together - whether it was watching tv, cooking, playing games or just snoozing and there was plenty of space for our 'little one' to play. The location was lovely too with the pub just down the road. We would certainly recommend The Rindle and we may even be back again next year. Thank You!”
- “Family celebration”
- “Nice welcoming touches of a bottle of wine and chocalates. Nice rooms clean and to a high standard. Fantastic pub in the village which is only a couple of mins walk. Lots of space and if any problems the owners are on site to help. It would have been nice if the grass in front of the house had of been cut so that the kids could have had a game of cricket or football.”
- “Excellent Holiday in the Peaks”
- “The house was beautiful, clean and modern inside. Perfectly located, very quiet and safe for the children.”
- “13 of us stayed in this fantastic barn converstion! Fantastic location very close to Tittesworth Dam for a walk/run. The bedrooms were all roomy and fab and plenty of bathrooms! We also had a lovely walk up to the Roaches and lucky for us the weather was glorious in October! Mrs Reaney was very friendly and showed us round - bottles of wine and the chocolates were a nice welcome touch. Loung/living area was lovely and we made use of the real fire and logs supplied. Only suggestion I would make is to have a signpost on entrance. I would definately recommend this and hopefully will be back one day! Keep up the good work.”
- “Accomodation, local area, local pubs and weather all excellent”
- “We had a family get together to celebrate my wife's birthday. Most of us did not know the area, but it is lovely with many interesting walks. The accommodation suited us very well and there was ample of space outside for grandchildren to play. The local pubs we sampled were very good. An excellent weekend. We had perfect weather, and my only doubt was over how we would have coped with poor weather.”
- “Lovely property”
- “One of the best things we found was that the kitchen and lounge areas were all one, this meant those that were preparing food were not on their own. Good location for walkers with fine views of the Rindle”
- “This was a fabulous time for a large party - there was plenty of room. The kitchen was well equipped and had a lovely large cooker. All the family said how much they enjoyed the venue.”
- “A lovely holiday barn, perfect for us with walks on the doorstep and the The Peak District a short car trip away. The large kitchen come dining room and lounge all in one worked extremely well for the eleven of us. The owner was friendly and gave us some local information on the area, e.g. walks, shops and pubs. We all would be happy to return.”
- “The whole accommodation was just divine, and perfect for a girly weekend. The location was perfect with pub close by! It was very comfortable and we had a friendly welcome.”
- “A lovely cottage, we had a great weekend away. The cottage had everything we needed and the local pub was good too.”
- “Beautiful location and great accommodation generally.”
- “The accommodation was lovely, very comfortable and clean, with some luxury touches. There were fluffy white towels and underfloor heating, little touches that make all the difference. The owner was very friendly and helpful and ensured our stay was seamless. It was also a great location, with a good pub, excellent play park and reservoir within walking distance.”
- “What a lovely place! We were made very welcome by our hosts who offered us all the information we needed on the property itself and in the wider community (for walks / pubs etc) The building itself was fantastic, roomy and cosy at the same time, standard of decoration was excellent and we had a great stay. Would very much recommend and would book again if returning to the area”
- “A great location and cottage.”
- “The Rindle was the perfect place for 12 girlfriends to get together for a fun but relaxing weekend away. The layout of the house was perfect with the main area, kitchen, dining room and lounge all being open plan. The kitchen was well stocked with everything we needed, large oven and fridge freezer, plenty of crockery, cutlery etc. The bedrooms were also great with plenty of bathrooms between us all. The overall décor and cleanliness was superb and it looked exactly as the pictures showed. The area is lovely and we did the short walk around the reservoir which is nearby.”
- “We had a lovely warm welcome with flowers, wine, chocolates and the log fire roaring away. The owner visited us and explained about all we required to know, nothing was to much trouble. The barn is furnished beautifully. Three generations of family and friends celebrated my 65th birthday, it was perfect for all.”
- “The owners were warm, friendly and welcoming. The layout is perfect to allow everyone to be in the same place at the same time, which was especially great if you usually spend a lot of your time in the kitchen; but also generally allowed everyone to freely mingle and catch up with one another! Perfect for a group holiday. Beautiful scenery on your doorstep and a playground minutes away for children, young and old! Thoroughly enjoyable.”
About the location
Leek 4 miles; Buxton 12 miles.
The quaint rural village of Meerbrook is peacefully situated on the edge of the fabulous walking area known as The Roaches, just 4 miles from the moorland market town of Leek. A short walk away is Tittesworth Reservoir, with its visitor centre and many water based activities. The spa town of Buxton, famous for its warm springs, offers a host of fine eateries, good shops and a fascinating museum; and do take advantage of the Buxton Opera House, with varied and often ‘big name’ entertainment. Enjoy a thrilling day at Alton Towers with its rides, water park, spa and gardens. Follow the High Peak Cycle Trail, visit the lovely market town of Bakewell or enjoy elegant Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall. Plenty to see and do in this wonderful location.