- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
New Mills 3 miles. A delightful, terraced cottage in the village of Mellor, three miles from New Mills, on the edge of the Peak District National Park. This New Mills cottage is a wonderful base for exploring Manchester, the Peak District and beyond. Boasting exposed beams and an open fire, this New Mills cottage offers a taste of the countryside, but within easy reach of the city. There are two comfortable bedrooms in this lovely holiday home, one with an en-suite wet room shower, while outside, the garden offers the ideal spot to sit and enjoy an evening meal or pre-dinner drink on a sunny summer's afternoon. There are riding stables 100 yards away, and a golf course just 400 yards away, or numerous walks can be enjoyed through the surrounding countryside. The nearby Peak District National Park offers fantastic opportunities for walking and cycling, with beautiful backdrops and terrain for all abilities. A number of friendly pubs and a variety of restaurants are close by, and there is a cinema in Marple, while the sights and sounds of the city are less than an hour away, with Manchester's shops and theatres, and the Imperial War Museum North at Salford Quays. This wonderful New Mills holiday home is a fantastic place to relax, unwind and do as much or as little as you wish, with a fantastic variety of activities available nearby.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite wet room shower, 1 x double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast area. Sitting room with dining area and open fire.
- Electric storage heating with open fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV with basic Sky, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Folding camp bed on request
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Front garden with stream, furniture and BBQ (accessed over a single track road)
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: The front garden is accessed over a single track road.
- Last minute
- “Just so English”
- “My sister husband and myself stayed in this little cottage during our holiday to England. It was everything that three Aussies had envisioned an English cottage should be. The view from the conservatory at the back was a magnificent one of fields villages and distant Manchester. The cottage contained everything we needed and the excellent free Wi-Fi was an added bonus. One thing I would say is that the stairs are very narrow and quite steep but if you can manage this the view from the master bedroom is worth it. The small garden is over the road but is well presented. The road however can be a bit busy on the weekends. We loved this cottage and surrounds and would certainly return.”
- “really enjoyed our stay in this lovely cottage was in a great location for the peak district and surrounding areas bedrooms lovely views amenities were spot on . only thing i would say stairs a bit narrow and no handrail so if you had walking problems ? otherwise everything you need would go again”
- “The cottage was lovely with lots of character and a modern twist having a heated conservatory with a beautiful view.”
- “The house enjoys beautiful views and integrates well with the nature in the surroundings. It is very cosy and the owners have thought of everything you could need for a very pleasant stay. It has been recently sympathetically renovated such that the atmosphere is of a traditional English cottage, but with modern comforts. The locals are also very friendly and helpful. We had a super stay and look forward to returning!”
- “Location was well placed for exploring the wonderful Peaks area. Good to have parking very close to the property and nice to have a well equipped kitchen. Loved the conservatory and view over the hills.”
- “We loved the cottage, the open fire and the beautiful views from the conservatory. The cottage has everything you need including binoculars so you can take in the views from further afield. We would definitely stay again and recommend it to family and friends.”
- “The new conservatory is really a big attraction with the wonderful view across to Mellor church on its hill. Also the improvement to the drive does make it easier to reverse in. Another very pleasant stay. Thank you.”
- “We had a lovely week in the cottage, very peaceful, location was beautiful. If you enjoy walking, plenty of places to walk too, Church was well worth the walk. Will certainly go back.”
- “The cottage couldn't have been better. Everything we needed was there while still keeping the feel of a charming cosy cottage. The owners where also very friendly and helpful when needed. Many thanks for a lovely week.”
About the location
Chapel en le Frith 5 miles; Buxton 11 miles.
New Mills is a small town situated on the borders of North West Derbyshire and Cheshire, forming part of the Derbyshire Peak District. Dating back to the 13th century, the late 20th century saw the Torrs Riverside Park (‘the park under the town’) come into being a place for recreation and relaxation, along with the New Mills Heritage Centre, opened to promote tourism in the area. The Torrs Millennium Walkway, a much-admired bridge, is set deep in the gorge and attracts many visitors, while Chapel en le Frith, the Capital of the Peaks, is only 5 miles away, boasting a cobbled market place and historic old stocks. Within easy driving distance is the delightful spa town of Buxton, famous not only for its therapeutic spring water, but also for its Pavillion Gardens and splendid Victorian Opera House, which boasts a variety of shows, attracting people from all over the world. Within easy driving distance are the Blue John show caves at Castleton, the Chestnut Centre Otter & Owl Sanctuary, and many stately homes such as Chatsworth House and Lyme Hall. An ideal base for exploring the whole of the Peak District.