- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A traditional detached farmhouse overlooking the High Peak, on the outskirts of the historic town of New Mills, and 15 miles from the market town of Buxton. Ideal for groups of family or friends, this large property boasts a spacious sitting room complete with a cosy woodburner and offers spectacular views across the surrounding countryside. Enjoy a meal in the light and airy conservatory or relax in the snug with a glass of wine. There are plenty of walks and cycle trails to explore in the surrounding area and the nearby country estate of Lyme Park is well worth visiting. Brow Farm makes a very comfortable holiday base for any time of the year.
Four bedrooms: 2 x double (one with Jack-and-Jill access to shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin with 2 additional stacker beds and Jack-and-Jill access to shower, basin and WC, 1 x family room with 2 doubles and 1 single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with AGA. Utility. Sitting room with woodburner. Snug with gas fire. Conservatory with dining area.
Gas central heating from AGA with woodburner and gas fire. AGA cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot, highchair and stairgate available. Ample off road parking. Lockable outside storage. Lawned garden and patio with furniture and BBQ. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops and pub 10 mins walk. Note: Rear of property is accessed via stone steps. Note: No stag/hen or similar.
- Last minute
- “Great place to stay!”
- “Stayed for a weekend with a group of friends & had an amazing time! The cottage is perfect for a large group & there's loads of space & it's in a great location! Owners were friendly & very helpful & the cottage was kitted out with everything we could possibly need. Great price & we couldn't have wanted more! Would definitely recommend!”
- “Fantastic stay in beautiful countryside”
- “We rented this lovely farmhouse last week, in order to meet up with some old friends. It was recommended to me by another friend who had previously rented it under the old owner [ it has just been taken over] There were 12 adults in total and we had a fantastic time in wonderful surroundings. We were greeted on arrival by a lovely lady called Cath who was very welcoming and helpful. She and her husband have just bought the place. Although the furniture is rather dated, everywhere was spotlessly clean with new bedding and towels. The kitchen was well equipped with everything you need to cook for 12. There are 2 reception rooms, one of which has a log burner, which would be fabulous during the winter. These rooms were warm and cosy, having south facing views over the Derbyshire countryside. There is loads to do in the area with great walks and some lovely pubs. Try The Packhorse for super food and fab ice cream. This is an ideal venue for large groups wanting an inexpensive break and there is the added bonus of being able to take your dogs. We would thoroughly recommend a stay at Brow Farm if you want to chill out in the countryside with easy access to all the sights of Derbyshire and at a great price. We all hope to revisit in 2015 for another reunion.”
- “A beautiful location and a great size property, would definitely go again.”
- “This property provided everything we needed and the location offered a central point to visit the places we wanted to go to. A wonderful property which set us all up for a great week.”
- “Fantastic location and super house. Ideal for our needs. Plenty of space and very private.”
- “Beautiful views and a full functioning house, it was kept very clean and slept so many people comfortably. I would definitely visit here again and recommend it to anyone who was considering it.”
- “The view was stunning and it was a quiet and secluded location. Amenities were good and the local walks were excellent.”
- “A great location and lovely cottage. There was loads of room and very cosy and comfortable. The local people were lovely and it was great for a group of friends getting together. Highly recommend!”
- “Fantastic location and excellent value for money. This was our third visit and will go again.”
- “We liked the location of the cottage. We had fantastic views from the lounge and conservatory. Also, it is close to amenities and other places to visit. We can definitely recommend the Chestnut Centre for seeing owls and otters. A lovely day out!”
About the location
Chapel en le Frith 5 miles; Buxton 11 miles.
New Mills is a small town situated on the borders of North West Derbyshire and Cheshire, forming part of the Derbyshire Peak District. Dating back to the 13th century, the late 20th century saw the Torrs Riverside Park (‘the park under the town’) come into being a place for recreation and relaxation, along with the New Mills Heritage Centre, opened to promote tourism in the area. The Torrs Millennium Walkway, a much-admired bridge, is set deep in the gorge and attracts many visitors, while Chapel en le Frith, the Capital of the Peaks, is only 5 miles away, boasting a cobbled market place and historic old stocks. Within easy driving distance is the delightful spa town of Buxton, famous not only for its therapeutic spring water, but also for its Pavillion Gardens and splendid Victorian Opera House, which boasts a variety of shows, attracting people from all over the world. Within easy driving distance are the Blue John show caves at Castleton, the Chestnut Centre Otter & Owl Sanctuary, and many stately homes such as Chatsworth House and Lyme Hall. An ideal base for exploring the whole of the Peak District.