“This is an excellent holiday ...”This is an excellent holiday cottage. It is extremely well equipped and decorated to a very high standard. We had a great time and plan to return soon.
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A superb conversion of a former barn, Virginia Cottage is situated on a working farm on the edge of Acton Burnell in this peaceful and undiscovered area of Shropshire.
Detached and built of traditional local brick, the cottage offers accommodation of a very high standard being tastefully decorated in a contemporary yet cosy style.
It is light and airy throughout and there are French doors opening onto two private patio areas where guests can relax with a glass of wine on warm summer evenings.
The owners live at the farm and personally welcome visitors.
A perfect retreat to 'get away from it all' and explore the hidden delights of Shropshire!
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Utility/cloakroom with belfast sink and WC. Well-equipped, modern fitted kitchen with dining area and french windows to rear patio. Comfortable sitting room with woodburner and french doors to front patio.
- Oil central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, video, CD player, WiFi
- All fuel and power and initial supply of logs inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front and rear private patios with chiminea, garden furniture and BBQ, walks available on farm
- One small well-behaved dog by arrangement
- Sorry, no smoking
- Small shop 2 mins walk, pub (serving good food) 4 miles
- Note: This property is situated on a working farm and there may be some tractor and machinery noise at certain times of the year.
About the location
Much Wenlock 7.5 miles; Church Stretton 8.5 miles; Shrewsbury 7 miles.
The pretty little village of Acton Burnell is set in rolling farmland a few miles from Shrewsbury and takes its name from Robert Burnell, famous for building the lovely castle and church here in the 13th Century. There are lovely walks along the local paths and bridleways and many Shropshire attractions are within easy driving distance, including the World Heritage Site at Ironbridge, Attingham Park, the market towns of Much Wenlock and Church Stretton, and of course, Shrewsbury itself. With its Castle, museums and Abbey and lovely half-timbered buildings, Shrewsbury is a delightful town to visit and offers a wealth of shops and restaurants.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute