- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
A wonderful Grade II listed Tudor-built cottage set in the village of Blythe Bridge in the Staffordshire Moorlands.
With fascinating history throughout and providing spacious accommodation, this chocolate box Staffordshire cottage is just the place for families or friends to enjoy this diverse part of the countryside.
This picturesque cottage boasts original Tudor beams laced through the walls and ceilings, and low windows; a fascinating insight into the property's history.
The large kitchen with dining area provides a fantastic space to socialise and chat as one of your party whips up a tasty meal, while the sitting room with its huge open fire offers the perfect spot to relax and unwind after a long day of exploration.
Outside this Blythe Bridge cottage is a beautiful, enclosed walled garden with lots of space to enjoy playing safely, and plenty of space to enjoy a sunny evening meal.
Blythe Bridge has a small selection of shops and pubs to enjoy, and a short drive will bring you to some very pretty Staffordshire villages including Cheadle, with its cobbled streets to explore, and Uttoxeter, if you fancy a day at the races.
A little further afield is Alton Towers, while the walking and cycling of the beautiful Staffordshire Moorlands stretches for miles, and beckons you to take in the scenery.
This is the perfect Staffordshire base to enjoy the area all year round!
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, 2 x TVs (one with Freeview), DVD, Xbox, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Enclosed walled garden with lawn, patio, furniture and BBQ
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: The cottage has steep stairs.
- Last minute
- “This is a beautiful cottage with excellently maintained gardens. Our hosts were so helpful. The location is great to explore the Peak District.”
- “The cottage is gorgeous and well placed and convenient for local amenities and places of interest. It is warm and friendly and the owners very nice. One of the best cottages we have stayed in. Would stay here again.”
- “An absolutely beautiful cottage, very homely. The owners were lovely and always willing to help if needed. The lounge was perfect, and even had a log fire to keep us warm.”
- “An excellent property, a 500 year old property, beautiful! In a great location, and the landlords were so friendly and helpful, would thoroughly recommend.”
- “The accommodation was excellent and we were given a very warm welcome by the owners.”
- “The owners were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. The cottage was in a lovely quiet spot with a lovely garden, just right for our holiday. We would definitely stay there again if we go to that part of the country again.”
- “A beautiful and relaxing cottage for cosy nights in front of the fire! Had a lovely warm welcome from our host, nothing was too much trouble!”
- “Excellent location, immensely impressed with Stallington Hall Farm and will be returning next year.”
- “The setting for the cottage was lovely and everything was exactly like the photos on the website. The owners were lovely hosts and nothing was too much trouble. We would definitely use it again if we want to holiday in the same area. And will be recommending it to our friends if they want to holiday in a similar area. Stallington Hall Farm was the best holiday we have so far rented.”
- “Good size property and garden with plenty of space for our 5 adults and 3 large dogs. Very secure walled garden which was vital for us! The owners were in the other half of the house and were very welcoming and helpful but at the same time unobtrusive. Loved the large kitchen that we could all gather in together whilst cooking or just to chat. Blessed with good weather but would be equally happy to visit in winter with the large but cosy sitting-room. A fabulous holiday cottage!”
- “The cottage was perfect for our holiday. It was situated very well for everywhere we wanted to visit. The cottage was clean and very spacious. The owners were lovely and very welcoming. The garden was lovely for our son (3 years old) to run about and play in and was separated from the owners. Plenty of garden furniture to use to for sitting outside in the lovely weather we had. Their dogs were very well behaved and our son loved to go and see them if he saw them out. We would go back here again.”
- “Lovely and well situated house with very helpful hosts.”
About the location
Cheadle 4 miles; Uttoxeter 11 miles.
In the heart of rural Staffordshire sits the village of Stallington, 1 mile from the bustling little village of Blythe Bridge. Named after the River Blithe, Blythe Bridge is surrounded by lovely countryside and is perfectly located for visiting nearby towns and villages, and exploring the Peak District National Park. Thrill-seekers will be pleased to know that Alton Towers is just under 10 miles away. For train enthusiasts, Blythe Bridge is home to the Foxfield Steam Railway, and under 10 miles away is the Churnet Valley Railway. The fabulous Trentham Gardens is only 15 minutes away. With the whole of the Peak District so easy to explore, Blythe Bridge is the ideal year-round base, and with a huge choice of fantastic places to visit, this is the ideal location for any type of break - Ashbourne, Buxton, Cannock Chase, Crewe or Lichfield are all just 20-25 miles away.