- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
A delightful, immaculately-presented, detached former stable situated within the grounds of the owner's home in the sleepy, pretty village of Curbar in the heart of the Peak District National Park. Beautiful throughout, retaining original features including beams and high stable windows, this Peak District cottage is the perfect base to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Set all on the ground floor, this cottage near Bakewell offers a sitting room with a cosy woodburning stove and French doors that lead you out onto a lovely front patio area. This Curbar holiday home also has a kitchen/diner, a double bedroom and a bathroom with roll-top bath and separate shower cubicle. The village amenities of Curbar are a lovely walk away, where you will find a pub, a cafe, an art gallery and a craft shop. There are off road walks from this holiday home that lead directly onto Froggatt Edge and Curbar Edge, plus the National Trust-owned Longshaw Estate is close by. The magnificent Chatsworth House, Baslow, Bakewell and Buxton are a short drive away, making this Curbar cottage an ideal retreat for a couple, at any time of year.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with roll-top bath, hand-held shower, separate shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
Gas central heating with woodburning stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Patios with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop 1 mile, pub 10 mins walk. Note: Owner will provide a breakfast pack by prior arrangement. Note: No children, including infants.
Note: No children, including infants.
- “Great accommodation, great location and great people.”
- “The accommodation is very fresh / new and I felt it was well worth the money. The log burner is great and really gets you in the mood for chilled out evenings. This is especially welcomed following a day of walking. The location is relatively close to a few shops and there are many great walks close by. Ann who owns the accommodation was very welcoming and helped me with the log burner. It wasn't the log burner, more my skills! She put a few food essentials in the fridge and on the side - this was a lovely touch. I don't have any criticisms. I had a great stay and plan to stay again next year. I have already recommended this to friends and will to others.”
- “Lovely little cottage”
- “We had a fabulous time here, the cottage is beautifully, and newly decorated and well-presented. The owners were really welcoming and approachable. Handy location - being a short drive to both Eyam, Chatsworth House and Bakewell.”
- “It was cosy, yet spacious inside of the stables, with attractive décor and had a fabulous roll-top bath.”
- “We had such a lovely stay at Barn Croft. The owners were friendly & helpful and the cottage was warm and homely. The area was perfect for us and we would certainly return.”
- “The cottage was beautiful and the location was perfect.”
- “Lovely little cottage in beautiful setting. Was great to have the log fire roaring and great walks on the door step. Thanks”
About the location
Baslow 1 mile; Bakewell 6 miles.
The sleepy village of Curbar lies just below Froggatt Edge and Curbar Gap in the heart of the Peak District National Park, just a stone’s throw from the National Trust owned Longshaw Estate and less than five miles from Chatsworth House - home to the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire. This pretty village has a collection of Peak District Millstones, a pub, a craft shop and a gallery, and is a wonderful base for walks, climbing and mountain biking. The village of Baslow with shops, pubs and restaurants is only a mile away and a further range of amenities can be found in the market town of Bakewell, the capital of the Peak District and home to the famous Bakewell pudding (definitely not tart!). Haddon Hall is close by and Alton Towers Theme Park is also within easy touring distance meaning there is plenty to enjoy from Curbar.