- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Bank House Farm
Biggin 1 mile. A pair of beautifully-converted barns, set around the courtyard of a working livestock farm near the villages of Biggin and Newhaven between Buxton and Ashbourne. These Newhaven cottages have been sympathetically converted to retain some lovely features, including the large window which was the main barn door, and beams throughout. Prettily decorated and comfortably furnished to a high standard, and offering direct access to the garden complete with duck pond, these pretty Newhaven cottages have a real feeling of character. The open plan living areas of these Newhaven cottages feature well-equipped kitchens, comfortable sitting areas and dining areas leading to the pretty shared garden. This outside space is perfect to take in some wonderful Derbyshire views, and offers picnic tables to enjoy some lunch in peace and quiet in the Peak District countryside. The Tissington Trail is a stone's throw away from these Newhaven cottages, and wonderful walking on offer in Dovedale is not far. Discover some of the pretty villages in Derbyshire including Hartington to sample some cheese and browse antiques. Visit Ashbourne, Buxton with its fabulous architecture and, of course, Alton Towers Theme Park is within very easy reach. These Newhaven cottages really are a great base to enjoy the Peak District for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday at any time of the year.
This attractive semi-detached barn conversion is on a working farm, with a shared garden, flexible sleeping arrangements and makes a wonderful Peak District cottage base for enjoying all that this part of Derbyshire has to offer. Note: This cottage is next to Ref. 26452, together they sleep 8.
Two king-size double bedrooms (zip/link, can be twin on request). Ground floor bathroom with corner bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
Oil central heating. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Rear patio and shared lawn with picnic tables and unfenced duck pond. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “Numer 3 was very comfortable, well equipped and beautifully decorated. The location was ideal for easy access to so many places and attractions, whatever your interest, and some of the cycle/walking trails are accessible directly from the cottage.”
- “The quality of the accommodation more than made up for poor weather, very peaceful and tranquil. The owners and neighbours were warm and very welcoming which was the icing on the cake. Well done”
- “The cottage was just like a home-from-home with plenty of superb walks and scenery in easy reach. Plenty of places to visit and enjoy. Would certainly recommend the cottage to friends and family and have done so already.”
- “A really good barn conversion, great condition and very well equipped. Friendly and helpful owner. This is a great location for all the nearby trials. We loved it and hope to return sometime.”
- “The kindness and help of the owner of the cottage nothing was too much trouble and we really enjoyed our stay”
- “A very central location for everything we wanted to do and the owner was very friendly and helpful. We would happily stay again.”
About the location
Ashbourne 10 miles; Buxton 12 miles.
The lovely, small rural village of Biggin is situated perfectly for exploring the Dove and Manifold valleys within the Peak District National Park. The village was founded in the 13th century and is a scattered stone-built village with a church and lovely pub serving good food. Biggin is close to a national nature reserve, the wonderful National Trust owned Dovedale and the Tissington Trail, with excellent access for all for walking and cycling. The well known village of Hartington is close by, offering a wider selection of shops and amenities, including the world famous cheese shop selling the delicious Dovedale Blue. The whole area is a paradise for walking, cycling and horse riding. Buxton with its famous opera house and spa water has an array of shops and bars and is just a 20 minute drive away, while the antique searcher’s paradise of Ashbourne is also an easy drive away in the opposite direction. Visit Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall, or take a trip to Alton Towers for a fun-filled day out. Biggin is perfectly placed for exploring the whole Peak District.