- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Curlew Barn is a charming, 18th century detached barn conversion in the rural hamlet of Bottomhouse.
Retaining ambience and charm, this cottage offers well-equipped accommodation with beams and views over rolling countryside.
The ground floor consists of a separate well-equipped, fitted kitchen, a welcoming sitting room with a solid oak dining table and solid oak flooring, leather sofas and a wooden open tread staircase, and two shower rooms.
There are three delightful bedrooms at this cottage, whilst outside there is an enclosed patio with hot tub and BBQ.
Bottomhouse is classified as an Environmentally Sensitive Area for wildlife preservation, and many fine walks can be enjoyed, including a 12-mile walk through the owners' land over Ipstones Edge.
The Tissington Trail, Alton Towers, Chatsworth House and Dovedale are also within easy reach.
Note: This property is 10 metres from Bottomhouse Barn, Ref. 2586, they can be booked together to sleep 22 people.
Three bedrooms: 1 x family room with 4ft double bed and single (accessed via separate staircase), 1 x double leading to 1 x twin (low beams, suitable for children), 2 x ground floor shower rooms with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area.
- Electric central heating
- Electric oven and hob, combination microwave/oven, fridge/freezer, fridge, wine cooler, washing machine and tumble dryer in outside barn, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Enclosed patio with furniture and BBQ
- Hot Tub available at a charge of £100, payable direct to owner
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 5 mins walk
- Note: No stag/hen or similar
- Note: Max 7 people including infants
- Note: High heels must not be worn on the oak flooring
- Note: Low ceilings throughout property, please take care
- Note: Check-in 6pm, check-out 12 noon.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £50.
About the location
Leek 6 miles; Ashbourne 9 miles.
The attractive rural village of Ipstones lies on the western fringes of the Peak District in lovely moorland countryside, between the market towns of Leek and Ashbourne. The village offers a post office, village shop and pubs serving food. The surrounding countryside is excellent for walking with miles of woodland trails and moorland hikes to enjoy. Dovedale and the limestone Churnet Valley are on the doorstep and The Manifold Trail is close by. There is easy access to many of the area's attractions including Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Lyme Park (NT) as seen in TV’s Pride & Prejudice, the NT Ilam Estate or Peak Wildlife Park. A great touring base for all the Peak District - and Alton Towers is just a 10 minute drive away.
Please note: The number of people occupying this property should not exceed the number stated on the Holiday Confirmation. If you wish to invite additional guests, this must be agreed by the owner in advance.
Note: This property can only be booked together with Bottomhouse Barn and cannot be booked with any other property.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute