- Open fire
- Washing machine
This is a delightful, detached cottage, located in the heart of the pretty village of Calver, in the Peak District National Park.
Beautiful throughout and retaining some wonderful character, this Calver cottage makes an excellent romantic retreat for couples looking to enjoy this beautiful part of the Derbyshire countryside.
Set over three floors and boasting lovely village views, the charming lounge with woodburning stove is a great place to relax and unwind, or if you fancy a little 'alone time', make the most of the mezzanine sitting area, complete with books, games and a music centre that plays LPs and CDs.
On the lower ground floor is a cosy double bedroom complete with en-suite shower room, while outside the cottage, you will find a table and chairs to sit and enjoy a morning coffee or a glass of wine in the evening.
The village of Calver offers a traditional country pub, less than a minute’s stroll from this Derbyshire cottage, as well as a cafe, a supermarket, an art gallery and a craft shop.
There are off road walks that lead directly onto Froggatt and Curbar Edge, plus the National Trust-owned Longshaw Estate is close by.
The magnificent Chatsworth House Estate, villages of Baslow, Eyam and Bakewell, the ‘ancient capital of the Peak", are all within five miles, making this Calver cottage the perfect romantic retreat, at any time of year!
Note: Short Breaks available all year round at 75% of the weekly rental, please call for more details and prices.
Over three floors. One lower ground floor double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove. Mezzanine sitting area.
Gas central heating with woodburning stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, selection of books and games. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking. Table and chairs to front of cottage. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop 3 mins walk, pub 1 min walk. Note: Mezzanine sitting area accessed via open tread ladder-like stairs. Note: No children or infants. Note: Short Breaks available all year round at 75% of the weekly rental, please call for more details and prices.
Note: No children or infants.
- Last minute
- “Fantastic Valentine's Cottage”
- “We stayed in this lovely cottage for three nights over the Valentine's weekend and it was the perfect setting for a relaxing weekend. It was immaculate throughout and very nicely decorated . Our highlights involved bacon sarnies sitting by the log burning stove and listening to Tom Jones on the record player and putting Sunday dinner in the oven and leaving it to cook whilst having having a drink at the lovely pub just 30 seconds up the hill-perfect! We enjoyed a walk over to Eyam, just remember to bring a map! We were fortunate to be the first people to stay in this gorgeous cottage and highly recommend it.”
- “A lovely little Cottage in the middle of beautiful countryside. The Cottage is superbly clean, charmingly decorated and the owner very hospitable and helpful. A perfect romantic retreat for a couple!”
- “The welcome from the owner, and the information she gave us was a useful start to our holiday. The location of this property could not have been better for visiting both the northern & southern areas of the National Park”
- “A beautiful cottage in a great location for getting around the Peak District. There were nice places to walk straight from Calver, but it was also about 30mins from Mam Tor and Kinder Scout. The owners were really welcoming and friendly. The cottage itself has all the facilities and things you would expect, and then more. The guide/walk books, leaflets and local information were really helpful, as we've never been here before. We really enjoyed staying in Foxglove Cottage and the Peak District, and would recommend both!”
- “A well furnished and immaculately presented property, set within a beautiful area. It was warm and comfortable, especially with the wood burning stove. There was great food so close at hand, and walks from the doorstep.”
- “Foxglove Cottage is a quirky comfortable cottage with everything you would need for a relaxing break. It is situated in a quiet village with excellent pubs and cafe. It is easy to walk from the cottage on either long or short treks. On the other hand there are some amazing places just a short drive away. A perfect cottage in a perfect position for a perfect break.”
- “A really lovely cottage in the perfect spot for sightseeing. Having the pub so close by was a bonus!”
- “Very quaint, intimate and comfortable. Convenient to nearby grocery store to supplement items needed for breakfast & other meal preparations and a short walk to the pub. Perfectly located for exploring Peak District trails and other nearby attractions.”
- “Quirky but beautifully renovated little cottage with very tasteful decorations. All the equipment in the cottage worked well including the heating. A very comfortable stay.”
- “A wonderful cottage. It provided everything we expected and wanted. An ideal location with a great pub around the corner and a Spar shop just a couple of minutes walk away. The mezzanine was great to sit and listen to the music available. The log burner was great and the only heating needed. Fabulous owners who met us at the cottage and showed us round explaining all we needed to know. Thoroughly recommended.”
- “A unique, delightful cottage in a perfect location for walking.”
- “The cottage is fantastic. The standard of cleanliness and preparation for our arrival was beyond excellent. The Owner could not have been more pleasant and helpful. If we ever return to this area this cottage will be the first place we check for availability.”
- “We enjoyed walking to Froggatt Edge and round to Baslow Edge. The friendly nearby pub had lovely food and beer and the cafe by the bridge in Curbar made a very good breakfast. The owner was really friendly and very accommodating as we only booked in the morning of the day we wanted the Cottage. The upstairs of the Cottage is great for drinking wine, reading and listening to music.”
About the location
Baslow 1.5 miles; Eyam 2 miles; Bakewell 5 miles.
The delightful, traditional village of Calver lies in the shadow of Froggatt Edge and Curbar Gap, in the heart of the Peak District National Park. A wonderfully traditional village with a Post Office and a country pub serving good food, Calver is close to the National Trust-owned Longshaw Estate, and less than five miles from Chatsworth House - home to the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire. As well as a traditional pub and Post Office, the pretty village of Calver has a cafe, petrol station, small supermarket selling local produce, a craft shop and a gallery, and is a wonderful base for walks, climbing and mountain biking. The village of Baslow with shops, pubs and restaurants is only a mile and a half away, and a further range of amenities can be found in the market town of Bakewell, the capital of the Peak District and home to the famous Bakewell pudding. Haddon Hall is close by, as is the historic village of Eyam with its selection of pubs, cafes and a craft centre, meaning a day out in the parish of Curbar can be enjoyed by all.