- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful, stone-built secluded south-facing cottage nestling in a wonderful, elevated and peaceful position below Hucklow Edge, with spectacular views, and only 5 mins walk from Great Hucklow.
The well-equipped very comfortable accommodation is approached by a private track.
The owners live in the adjoining house and personally welcome visitors.
A superb base for walking and touring in the Peak District National Park.
One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Cosy living room with fitted kitchen and sitting area with woodburning stove. South-facing conservatory with utility area, dining area and wonderful views. Note: The first floor is reached by a very steep open staircase which makes the property unsuitable for the less able (and large suitcases).
- Central heating from woodburning stove in sitting room and electric room heaters
- Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, video, DVD player, WiFi, radio
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Use of garden with wild flower meadow, pond, garden furniture and BBQ
- Sunny sitting area with bistro table
- Well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Good food and real ale at the village pub, 5 minutes' walk away and several more good pubs nearby
- Full range of shops in Tideswell, 2 miles.
About the location
Bakewell 8 miles; Buxton 11 miles.
The peaceful, idyllic village of Great Hucklow lies on the border of the distinctive landscapes of the Peak District - the limestone dales of “the white peak” and the gritstone moorland of “the dark peak” - thus providing wonderfully contrasting walking country. There is a village pub serving food and interesting beers. The village holds its traditional well-dressing and gala day in the second week of August and has spectacular lights at Christmas. Neighbouring villages are Eyam - “the plague village”, Tideswell - home to “the Cathedral of The Peak”, and Bradwell - historic lead mining village and gateway to The Caverns and The Pennines.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute