- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Wirksworth 1.7 miles. A lovely semi-detached cottage, next to the owner's home, in a quiet residential location, in the hamlet of Hopton, 1.7 miles from Wirksworth. This Peak District cottage has been finished to an extremely high standard, with lots of character including open stonework and beams. The sitting room is very cosy and a well-equipped kitchen, four comfortable bedrooms and the attractive blending of old and new throughout, make this a beautiful cottage to stay in. There is a pretty garden with seating area, perfect for relaxing and taking in the views. The cycle hire, watersports and walking trails of Carsington Water are available from the Visitor Centre, just 2 miles away, while slightly further afield, yet within 15 minutes' drive are Ashbourne, Bakewell, Buxton and Matlock. A superb base for a Peaks holiday.
Four bedrooms: 2 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x small ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Bathroom with roll-top bath, bidet, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room.
- Electric central heating
- Electric range cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 50" Smart TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Pretty courtyard garden with furniture, BBQ and small lawned area
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops 2 miles, pub 10 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “The owners were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The property was top notch with quality furnishings and newly decorated. A good combination of old and new. I would strongly recommend this property to anyone wanting something a little special in the area.”
- “Outstanding property! It is very luxurious in every aspect, very clean and has great quality furnishings. Much larger than expected. It is an amazing area that is great for walking and seeing fabulous sights of the peaks. Highly recommend Henmore Grange to anyone!”
- “The house was clean and well presented in every way it could have been. Highly recommended.”
- “The cottage is in a beautiful, central location in an area that has plenty to do and explore. It is a lovely house; very well equipped, clean, well decorated and full of character. The owners were very welcoming and friendly.”
About the location
Carsington 0.5 miles; Ashbourne 7 miles; Wirksworth 2 miles; Bakewell 14 miles.
Hopton is a lovely hamlet in the heart of the Peak District, set on the circular route around Carsington Water with its walks, sailing and cycle hire centre in Carsington. The market towns of Ashbourne, Bakewell and Buxton are within easy reach, as are Wirksworth and Matlock, along with the stunning country house estates of Chatsworth House, Kedleston Hall and Haddon Hall. With the varied walking, spectacular scenery and numerous attractions, the Peak District really is a fantastic base for a memorable holiday.