- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Three delightful, stone-built, Peak District cottages, in the peaceful village of Chelmorton, 4 miles from the historic town of Buxton and 7 miles from Bakewell. A lovely renovation of a traditional stone barn dating from 1837, these fantastic Peak District cottages skilfully blend original character and contemporary styling, with exposed stonework, stone flagged flooring and en-suite bedrooms, whilst enjoying an idyllic village position. All three cottages also enjoy use of a grass paddock, perfect for family games. The surrounding area offers great walking and cycling and an abundance of wildlife, from Deepdale to the summit of the Low with its prehistoric barrows, which is also well-known for its September 1000ft fell race. Perfectly placed for all the National Park has to offer, these Peak District cottages really do offer a magnificent holiday retreat.
A lovely stone terraced cottage, in the heart of the village of Chelmorton in the Peak District National Park. Offering delightful and welcoming accommodation, this wonderful Peak District cottage boasts stone flagged floors, open stonework, a 50 inch 3D plasma TV, Playstation 3 and a 3D Blu-ray player, and a 42 inch TV in the bedroom, making it an ideal base for cosying up with the latest technology after a walk around this linear limestone village. Outside this Chelmorton cottage there is a rear gravelled yard, perfect for a summer BBQ. This is a fantastic Peak District cottage, not to be missed. Note: This cottage is next to Refs. 4439 and 4440, together they sleep 10.
One double bedroom with TV and en-suite bath, jet shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area.
Electric central heating. Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, 50" plasma 3D TV with Freeview, Playstation 3 & 3D Blu-ray, DVD, 2nd TV, CD/radio, iPod dock, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Gravelled area with furniture and BBQ. Shared use of children's wooden play castle and grass paddock. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 4 miles, pub 5 mins walk. Note: No children under 2 years old at this cottage please.
Note: No children under 2 years old
- Last minute
- “just what we were looking for”
- “Chelmorton is a good location to start from, there is nothing in the village except for a nice pub with good food & friendly proprieters.We were allowed in the cottage early as there was no-one in before us owners were very nice & helpful cottage was comfortable tele was a bit "iffy" but no real problem . Plenty in the area to visit .”
- “A well converted old stable, with friendly hosts who took so much trouble to tell us about the cottage and the facilities locally. The cottage was peaceful and quiet and had lovely views all round.”
- “Really nice spacious cottage in a lovely area. Would definitely come back.”
- “Lovely character cottage in stunning part of the country. The non contact arrangements worked well, I wanted to be left alone to get on with it. The essential supplies were a nice touch and appreciated.”
- “No 1 was attractive both inside & out and very nicely furnished. The cottage was in a good position for local walks & going further afield. Good road connections to other areas of The Peak District. The owners were very welcoming & helpful. The cottage did not have a garden as such but had a large area & pasture for my dog to safely go in. The car parking was more than ample. Great views from all windows.”
- “So peaceful with walks accessible from the village and others only a short drive away.”
- “The cottage was perfect for a couple's getaway! Comfy furnishings, a big TV to relax at the end of a day exploring and fantastic walking/cycling on the doorstep! Food in the village pub was hearty and well worth a visit! In addition, what set the cottage apart from other stays was the attention to small details taken by the owners. A welcome drink on Friday night to introduce themselves and provide tips on what to do/see, the local OS map which was useful for our day trips, use of their shed to store our bikes and finally as it was Easter, we even received a visit from the Easter bunny! Highly recommended!”
- “I had a lovely birthday weekend here with my husband and dog. The reception from the owners on the Friday evening was really nice. They provided lots of good walks, places to visit etc. Great walks directly from the door so did not need to use the car with the added advantage of an exceptional dog friendly pub 5 mins walk up the hill. This was the smaller of 2 other cottages they have and would definitely recommend the cottages and will hopefully be back.”
- “The parking and garden area was great. The cottage was very pleasant, good sized lounge and bedroom.”
About the location
Buxton 4 miles; Bakewell 7 miles.
The ancient, picturesque and peaceful village of Chelmorton is situated in the heart of the Peak National Park. The village boasts a lovely pub which serves excellent food. Chelmorton has a fascinating historic landscape of 'fossil' arable strips enclosed within drystone walls and the village has a lovely medieval church of St John the Baptist. Surrounded by superb walking country and within easy reach of the popular centres of Buxton and Bakewell.