- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
New Hall Farm Cottages
A group of three, lovely brick built barn conversions, set on a 200 acre farm, which includes 100 acres of woodlands, in the scattered rural village of Eaton-under-Heywood, on the slopes of Wenlock Edge, 5 miles from Church Stretton. These lovely Church Stretton cottages also share a 10 acre natural garden with ponds and a variety of wildlife, perfect for a picnic or relaxing walk. All three Church Stretton cottages have been renovated to a high standard, providing quality, well equipped accommodation. They offer the perfect combination of a cottage atmosphere with modern facilities, ideal for families and couples alike, with oak beams, open plan living areas and a really welcoming feel. In a wonderful rural location offering peace and tranquillity amidst scenic countryside, at the foot of Wenlock Edge and close to all the attractions of Shropshire, these Church Stretton cottages make a superb base.
A superb terraced Church Stretton cottage, set on a working farm near Wenlock Edge, with an open plan living area, original oak beams, and two comfortable bedrooms. A lovely Church Stretton cottage for a romantic break or family holiday. Note: This cottage is next to Ref 4137 and 4139 and together they sleep 11.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with TV, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living accommodation with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Note: For people over 6', there are some low beams above the stairway and in the bathroom.
- LPG central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, 3 x TVs, all with Freeview, 2 x DVD
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage
- Private patio with furniture plus shared lawned garden with brick built BBQ
- 10 acre natural garden with ponds and variety of wildlife
- 100 acres of woodland on slopes of Wenlock Edge
- Livery for guests’ horses by arrangement with owner inc. paddocks, menage, indoor school and famous Jack Mytton Way close by
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4.6 miles, pub 2.5 miles
- Note: This is a working sheep farm, dogs to be kept on a lead at all times.
- Last minute
- “A place with a secret”
- “This excellent property enjoys access to a delightful woodland area with lakes and waterfalls that cannot be seen from the road and is entirely private. It is worth booking just for this! As well as this the owners could not be more helpful.”
- “Peace,countryside,horses and hens!”
- “The purpose of our holiday was, as two friends who'd had a difficult year, we wanted to 'step aside' from everything, and we were certainly able to do this at this lovely holiday 'escape'. The welcome was friendly, the accommodation excellent, and the surroundings wonderful.Such beautiful countryside, with access to so many fantastic places. The cottage was very comfortable and had alomost everything we needed. (We would have preferred a washing machine to a dishwasher!) To open the door each morning to such a lovely view--horses in the fields,trees and birds, and very friendly hens whose aim seemed to be to join us for breakfast!! All in all we couldn't have found a better 'bolt hole' and would recommend it to anyone for a lovely holiday. There were only two 'downside'factors. There was no hanging space in the second bedroom; we were plagued by flies at times which meant food preparation could be difficult.Obviously this wasn't anyone's fault, butsome sort of electronic device might have helped to zap them!!)”
- “The accomodation is set on a farm with nature close by. We were not able to go out because of extreme weather conditions but still the place was very relaxing and just what we needed.”
- “Roomy clean accommodation in beautiful setting with lots to do n”
- “Really liked the accommodation - just right for family if four. Gardens are wonderful and make for a good stroll after dinner. Lots of places nearby to visit especially Ludlow. Lots of farm animals to spend time with. Thoroughly enjoyable. Sat nav recommended, lots of narrow lanes to navigate.”
- “Its such a wonderful peaceful place to have a holiday. The owners were brilliant and couldn't do enough for you.”
- “A lovely cottage, felt at home as soon as we walked through the door. Everything you could need was there. It was very quiet & peaceful, and set in lovely grounds.”
- “A lovely cottage in a delightful location. The owner was lovely and very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. It was outstanding and would return definitely.”
- “Vine barn is a perfect spot to explore the wonderful countryside of Shropshire. The owners were so friendly and so helpful and the dog and ourselves were made to feel very welcome. The three cottages that make up the barn conversion were set in very peaceful and tranquil countryside and were perfectly furnished and equipped for our stay. We would definitely go back.”
- “We had a wonderful time at Vine Barn, the cottage was lovely and in a tranquil location, we enjoyed walking round the extensive gardens. The Cottage was very sound proof and we did not hear the neighbours at all. We would definitely visit again.”
- “We had a lovely stay at Vine Barn and wouldn't hesitate to return there. The location is great, it was peaceful and delightful.”
- “Such a lovely spot! The family were very friendly and welcoming and our children loved all the animals. A wonderful holiday!”
- “The owners were very helpful & lovely. The property & surrounding areas were fabulous - would definitely recommend.”
- “The ability to be self-contained in the barn but also be welcomed by the owner and her family. The children loved feeding the lambs, learning about lambing, watching the peacock. They could roam around and explore - the road is very quiet and all very safe. The garden with lake, waterfall and wood sculptures was an oasis of nature. Nearby was Jacobs Ladder walk up Wenlock Edge, Church Stretton just 10 minutes where we had a really nice meal. Finally, the gentle sounds of the farm - ducks, sheep etc. really lulled you into a sense of calm. Great value accommodation.”
- “Lovely property and grounds, friendly owners, nice walks and places to eat.”
About the location
Church Stretton 4.6 miles; Ludlow 15 miles; Shrewsbury 16 miles.
This small rural village lies under both the famous Wenlock Edge and the woods that run along it, and is surrounded by scenic countryside. From the village, the Jacob's Ladder path leads straight up the Edge, providing lovely walks. Nearby is the pretty market town of Church Stretton, which lies in the heart of south Shropshire. It is set amid striking scenery and has often been described as "Little Switzerland". The town is the main centre for Shropshire's hill country and home to a variety of tea rooms, pubs and specialist shops. Other local attractions include walks on the Long Mynd, the Acton Scott Working Farm as seen on TV, and Stokesay Castle. The historic towns of Shrewsbury, Ludlow, the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge, Much Wenlock and Bishops Castle are only a short journey away.