- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This semi-detached cottage is located in the hamlet of Whatstandwell near to Crich in the Peak District National Park.
With fabulous walking all around and easy access to many local attractions, this cottage is a superb family holiday home with traditional beams mixed with modern fixtures.
Three bedrooms and three bathrooms make up the accommodation on the first floor, with a comfy sitting room and a modern kitchen/diner on the ground floor.
To the front is a small patio, whilst to the side, and accessed up ten stone steps, is lovely lawned garden where you can sit with a morning cup of coffee as you plan the day’s adventures.
The whole of the Peak District National Park is right on your doorstep.
The delightful village of Crich is a short walk with a selection of pubs, shops and its tram museum.
Matlock Bath, Cromford and Carsington Water are all just short drives away, whilst the towns of Matlock and Wirksworth are also near by.
A lovely family cottage, perfect for a Peak District holiday all year round.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking outside cottage
- Enclosed side lawned garden with furniture
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile, tea rooms 10 mins walk
- Note: Open tread stairs in cottage, floor height windows and 10 stone steps up to garden, children to be supervised and not suitable for less mobile and children under 5 years
- Note: Due to rural location, WiFi can be intermittent.
Note: Not suitable for children under 5 years old.
- Last minute
About the location
Matlock 5 miles
The village of Whatstandwell sits beside the River Derwent, located close to its better known neighbours of Cromford, Matlock, Matlock Bath and the popular village of Crich. The area, located in the Peak District National Park, is full of history, with the National Tramway Museum a particular favourite amongst visitors to the area. Matlock, just a few miles away, offers a range of shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as attractions such as Gulliver's Kingdom. Magnificent views of the gorge can be enjoyed from the cable car that takes visitors up to the Heights of Abraham - a great place for all the family with its show caves, nature trail, water gardens and owl maze. The nearby High Peak Cycle Trail provides a wonderful experience while further to the north the market town of Bakewell, Chatsworth House and Park, Haddon Hall and Carsington Water are not to be missed!