- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This wonderful Grade II listed building was originally a mill worker's cottage and is set in the beautiful village of Cromford in Derbyshire, surrounded by cliffs and wooded hills.
This Cromford cottage is ideal for a couple looking for the perfect location to spend a relaxing and romantic break away.
When entering this pretty cottage in Cromford, guests will be greeted with a cosy sitting room with original and traditional features, such as open stonework and wooden beams.
After preparing a romantic meal for two in your cottage kitchen, you can sit down to enjoy the well-prepared food at the dining table, whilst soaking up the tranquil atmosphere of this lovely Cromford cottage.
There is also a little courtyard which is a lovely addition to this cosy home-from-home Derbyshire cottage.
After a busy day exploring the sights and sounds of Cromford, what better way to relax than to climb into your comfortable bed and dream of what exciting adventures are still to come on your Derbyshire day trips?
The village of Cromford offers guests a variety of shops and pubs, not to mention the stunning walks and cycle routes on offer in this picturesque area.
The well-loved attractions of Chatsworth House and Gulliver's Kingdom are well worth a visit and for those who are looking for a thrilling day out to remember, a trip on the Heights of Abraham cable car is a fantastic way to experience the incredible views of the area.
This pretty Cromford cottage is the perfect place to spend your well-deserved romantic holiday.
One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with doors leading to courtyard. Sitting room with dining area and gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Small courtyard with storage shed
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 3 mins walk
- Note: This property is situated on a B road and some road noise may be heard.
- Last minute
- “Wonderful little cottage”
- “We have just returned from a weekend away at Cosy Nook, we feel that we've been away longer than just two nights as we managed to squeeze so much into our stay. There is so much to do around Cromford, it really is a lovely village. Cosy Nook a beautifully cute little cottage perfect for humans and doggies! Beautifully decorated and really clean. Cupboards were stocked with all equipment you'd need to cook etc...(not that we did as there are superb places to eat very nearby). The cottage is on a main road but the sound of the traffic did not disturb our sleep one bit....comfy bed + long walks + few pints = sound asleep! It's good that they have wifi at the cottage as phone signal is kind of non-existent (which can only be a good thing on holiday) we watched some TV on iPad/laptop as the freeview signal was a little 'jumpy'! Perfectly situated within walking distance to the spectacular Black Rocks and High Peak Trail walks, both of which we tried hence that fact we have two very tired but content doggies. The walks are pretty hard going there (all uphill and very steep at times) but totally worth it to see the views form the top. Then as they say it's all downhill from there!!! Three pubs in very close walking distance and all very friendly staff and locals. Our favourite was The Boat - all home cooked food and live music at weekends. Huntley Green (5 min walk down the road) is a must for breakfast, best I've had in ages, it set us up for the day! Market Place Restaurant (nextdoor to Huntley Green) serves lovely food, especially the sizzling steaks. We would definitely return to Cosy Nook, but next time it will be for longer than a weekend....so much to do so little time!”
- “Beautiful and Brilliant”
- “My partner and I stayed for a week at Cosy Nook in August. It was fab. The location couldn't be better, just off the A6, space out the front to park the car, and fab position for setting off on walks, to Black Rocks Country Park and Matlock. The cottage had everything we needed, and was plenty big enough for the two of us and our dog. Little details that had been considered for walkers as well, which were great, such as a slow cooker! Cromford itself is lovely, with a fair few places to eat and drink, and very friendly staff at the local shop. I would recommend Cromford and Cosy Nook to anyone want to stay and explore the Derwent Valley area. Also Cromford and Cosy Nook will be extra special as my partner proposed whilst we were there! I'm sure we will be returning to celebrate.”
- “It was just as described - lovely and cosy. We stayed for a wet and windy long weekend in November with our dog and always look forward to coming back.”
- “Liked the location of the cottage, the information of the surrounding area left by the owner and the décor of the cottage. Liked how clean the cottage was.”
- “Very cosy, had a lovely few days away. Thank you.”
- “Cromford is an attractive village with lots of walks easily accessed nearby. The cottage is conveniently placed and very comfortable. We all had a lovely time, including our elderly dog. The owner was very helpful.”
- “The cottage was lovely. The area was wonderful for walks and lots of interesting places to visit. Wonderful local stores and a really good butchers. Just had to take home some of the local produce for ourselves and friends. We really enjoyed our holiday at cosy nook. Have already booked with Sykes Cottages to visit the area next year.”
- “The cottage was just gorgeous with quaint little touches and so handy for local amenities. Pubs and eateries all minutes walk away. Beautiful countryside and so many great attractions and places to visit just short drives away. We loved this cottage and the WiFi, TV/DVD in bedroom, iPod docking station were all appreciated extras.”
- “The location was superb enabling us to step out of the front door directly into the peak district. The bedroom was large and spacious and the lounge was homely. The furnishings were modern but in keeping with the cottage. Excellent to have fast Wi-Fi! Best part was we were able to take our dog.”
About the location
Matlock Bath 1 mile; Matlock 3 miles; Bakewell 10 miles.
Set in the beautiful wooded gorge of the River Derwent and surrounded by wooded hills and cliffs, the village of Cromford lies just 1 mile from the vibrant spa town of Matlock Bath, 3 miles from Matlock. Famous for its connections with Sir Richard Arkwright and the cotton trade, and often referred to as the cradle of the Industrial Revolution, today Cromford offers a selection of pubs and shops, as well as Arkwright’s Cromford Mill, a world heritage site. The area boasts a plethora of attractions such as Gulliver's Kingdom, the Peak District Mining Museum and splendid Chatsworth House. Visitors can take a ride on the Heights of Abraham cable car and take in the views in style, whilst the more active are catered for with plentiful walking around the Derwent Valley and the White Peak, and with cycling opportunities at Carsington Water and the High Peak Cycle Trail.