- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Turnditch 1 mile. This charming little cottage near Turnditch adjoins the owner’s home in a wonderful rural location in the hamlet of Cross o'th' Hands, overlooking Derbyshire’s rolling hills. This Peak District cottage is welcoming and homely and provides a cosy, romantic escape for those wishing to enjoy the peace and quiet of the Derbyshire countryside. Boasting beautiful views, this Turnditch cottage is full of character, including a galleried en-suite bedroom, which is accessed directly from the stairs, and a warming, woodburner-style gas stove to settle beside on cosy evenings. Outside this Derbyshire cottage near Turnditch, there is a very pretty garden with a small patio and lawn complete with gazebo, a perfect place to sit and enjoy a pre-dinner drink and chat about what to explore tomorrow! The village of Turnditch offers some good food pubs, and is surrounded by a network of walks that lead into the Amber Valley and Derbyshire Dales. Close by are the interesting towns of Belper, Ashbourne, Matlock and Matlock Bath, as well as exciting Alton Towers, making this area ideal for any type of holiday, with walking, climbing, pretty villages and historic houses all waiting to be discovered in this beautiful part of the Peak District. A lovely, romantic Turnditch cottage for couples to enjoy.
One double bedroom with en-suite corner bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and gas stove.
- Gas central heating with gas stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Private, front enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: WiFi Unsuitable for gaming or streaming (2.5gb per week limited supply).
- Last minute
- “It could not be better”
- “We had a amazing 7days at the Top Stable Cottage, it is better than the excellent photos you see of it online! As we wanted to take our dog with us this was a big part of choosing the cottage along with the location,oh by the way the dog had a great time. There is plenty of room to exercise your dog in the owners fields as long as your dog is well behaved and gets on with horses! Ours fell in love with one of the horses. The owners could not do enough for you and were available if you had any problems we had none. To sum up as I have said it could not be better and we hope to stay again. Many thanks Chris,Lynn and Madi”
- “Excellent place to stay”
- “We had a very friendly welcome. Directions to cottage via email from owner excellent. Very clean and well equipped cottage. Thoroughly enjoyed our five days. Plenty of information to hand about the Peak District.”
- “Had an absolutely wonderful time at Top Stable Cottage. The cottage, was perfect and had the most scenic views from our windows! Very clean, cosy and homely. Everything needed was at hand, the garden was beautiful and overall it was a lovely holiday. Would highly recommend!”
- “The cottage was clean and welcoming to come home to after a days walking. The garden was safe for our dog.”
- “"The views from the cottage were stunning. It was close to some of our favourite beauty spots - e.g Carsington Water and Dovedale. There was plenty of hot water and heating and we appreciated the towels and bedlinen being included."”
- “A lovely, well equipped cottage in a beautiful area. Great welcome.”
- “Ideal location for visiting tourist attractions. Very cosy and clean surroundings. Friendly welcome. Great place to stay.”
- “Had a great time, it was a nice reasonably priced holiday and it was good to get away. Owner was very nice, will go back.”
About the location
Belper 4 miles; Ashbourne 7 miles.
Turnditch is a delightful hillside village in the heart of Derbyshire overlooking the Ecclesbourne Valley. Conveniently located on the Belper to Ashbourne road, the village has a church, school and three pubs. The adjacent village of Hulland Ward offers a petrol station, shop and Post Office. There are many walks up and down the valley, as well as cycling and watersports at nearby Carsington Water. The attractive, traditional market towns of Belper, Ashbourne and Matlock are within easy reach, as are Alton Towers and the famous and historic houses of Haddon Hall and Chatsworth. Along with fishing on the River Derwent and golf nearby, this is a wonderful part of the Peaks, with plenty to do whatever the time of year.